About Solidarités International:
SI has been working in the DRC since 2007 in the areas of food security and livelihoods, water hygiene and sanitation, shelter construction/rehabilitation and the distribution of essential household items. Our programs cover the emergency response (via the RRMP mechanism in particular), but also more sustainable activities (water network rehabilitation, local chlorine production, DRR, etc.).T hese projects cover the humanitarian needs of the displaced and host populations in Tanganyika, Bandundu, Ituri, Tschopo, Kivus and now the Kasai.
The year 20107 was marked by the emergence of acute crises in Tanganyika and Kasai impacting more than two million people for this latest crisis. True to its commitment to act more closely with vulnerable populations, Solidarités has positioned itself as an emergency actor with the opening of a base in Mbuji Mayi to launch activities to respond to population movements in areas still not covered by humanitarian actors.The mission and its programmatic issues:
- The mission is composed of a coordination based in Goma, a representative office in Kinshasa and several operational bases in the territory (Kalémie, Moliro, Bunia, Beni, Lulimba, Mushie and Mbuji Mayi)
- The teams are composed of 25 expatriates and about 180 national staffs.
- The financial volume of the mission for 2017 is about 10 million euros, with a programmatic portfolio of 11 different projects. Forecasts for 2018 to date are slightly down. The donors currently financing the mission are: UNICEF, GAC, ECHO, SDC, DFID, ELMA, SEDIF, CIAA.
- SI in the DRC is currently lead of 2 consortia (UNICEF with NRC / SCI and UNICEF with Caritas). Discussions are underway to increase the geographical scope of these consortia.
- We are also in consortium with Concern (lead), ACTED and CRS on a DFID project.
The PR RRMP ensures the proper execution of the program by focusing on the respect of deadlines and the results to be achieved. In close connection with the Program Coordinator and his Field Coordinator:
- He/she defines intervention strategies for assessing and responding to emergencies in the Kassai space.
- He/she guarantees the conduct of multi-sectoral evaluations and the quality of the data collected.
- He/she analyzes this information, drafts multi-sectoral evaluation reports and recommendations, and sizes emergency responses EHA / AME / CASH
- He/she ensures budget and logistic follow-up of his projects.
- Context/Security: The RP RRM is responsible, in liaison with the field safety coordinator of his teams in the field, so he/she must be able to prevent and manage the best possible incidents and make all necessary arrangements to the security of property and people.
- Participates in sectoral coordination meetings and those restricted with donors.
- Management, coordination and training of national team soun
The priorities for the position will be:
- Implement the new 2018 RRMP Guidelines in Kasai.
- Help in the reflection of the new partnership with the Diocesan Caritas.
- Take the lead in setting up a new organizational chart based on funding
- Prior experience in a similar position is required.
- Technical skills in WaSH and ideally in distribution / organization of AME and Vivres fairs.
- Previous experience with RRMP is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated experience working in a context of volatile insecurity.
- Leadership, team leadership skills and experience in project management: management is one of the major challenges of this position (important teams for WASH, Cash and MEAs)
- Great ability to anticipate and make decisions to meet the expectations of fluctuating needs in Kassaï.
- Great capacity in drafting project proposals and good mastery of the project cycle.
- Excellent command of written and oral French is required.
Do you recognize yourself in this description? If so, send us your CV and Letter of Motivation in French. Applications containing only CVs will not be considered. Solidarités International reserves the right to close a recruitment before the expiry date of the announcement. Thank you for your understanding.