Water Analyst – HSEC
Operations – Health, Safety, Environment & Community
Ref. No. MFW048
Glencore’s North Queensland Operations are currently seeking suitably qualified and experienced applicants for the position of Water Analyst. Working within the Water team of the HSEC department, you will be working on our surface water and groundwater management systems and projects across our North Queensland Operations. This role is residential in Mount Isa.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Benchmarking, developing, executing, analysing and continuously improving surface and groundwater management systems and activities at our NQ operations.
- Utilising and improving the analytical functions of our environmental databases and associated tools and processes, providing expertise in the identification and analysis of trends, including:
- Identifying business requirements and providing advice on improvement opportunities using data analytics.
- Developing and implementing project scopes to enhance analytical functions for the NQ operations.
- Conducting variance analysis of performance against plans and forecasts for the NQ operations.
- Evaluating external market trends and technologies and the ability to adapt possible opportunities to deliver value to our business.
- Preparing and reviewing surface and groundwater reports (for both internal and external stakeholders).
- Conducting and/or project managing surface water and groundwater assessments and engineering projects with operations personnel, external subject matter experts and other stakeholders.
- Developing and/or managing consultants to develop water-related models.
- Preparing/reviewing surface water and/or groundwater management-related Environmental Authority amendment applications.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualification/s in environmental science/engineering, civil engineering with environmental management or geology/hydrogeology (Bachelor minimum), as well as relevant operational experience (preferably more than 2 years) in an environmental management role focused on surface water and/or groundwater management.
- Systems thinker, goal orientated and highly organised, with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills for engaging with operations personnel.
- Experience in surface water and/or groundwater modelling software, monitoring systems, GIS and water accounting desirable.
- Sound understanding of health, safety, environment, and community systems and processes and their interrelationships.
For more details on this role, we encourage you to call Jason Jones on +61 466 777 842. Applications will only be accepted via glencore.com/careers quoting reference number MFW048.
Applications close: 5.00pm Thursday, 15th February 2018