The College of Hydrology and Water Resources (CHWR) at Hohai University (HHU), China invites applications for multiple post-doctoral positions in water sciences, to start as early as March 2017. The positions are open until filled. The salaries will be internationally competitive and commensurate with candidates’ experience and skills.
Established in 1915, HHU is the leader of innovation and development of higher education in hydraulic engineering and water sciences in China. HHU has played as China’s key force to solve its major water security issues. HHU is located at Nanjing, Jiangsu, China. Nanjing is the internationally recognized capital of Jiangsu province, one of the largest cities in China. Situated in the heartland of the Yangtze River Delta, it has long been a major center of culture, education, research, politics, economy, transport networks and tourism.
CHWR is a key component of HHU and is the first college established nationwide devoted solely to the study of hydrology and water resources. The college has strong faculty members and research fellows with sufficient funding, and is the key contributor of a national key laboratory and a national engineering center.
- 2 positions in the field of smart water management, planning, utilization and protection, water policy in the support of new generation technologies (big data, artificial intelligence, Internet of Things and new materials).
- 1 position in the field of evolution and protection of water ecology and water environment, water eco-environmental simulation in response to global change and coupled modeling of hydrodynamics and water quality.
- 2 positions in the field of large-scale, meso-scale, or fine-scale urban flood or water resources management model.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
The successful candidates will conduct independent, externally funded research programs in their field of expertise. Support for developing an active research agenda is provided through departmental support. CHWR will provide strong support to help successful candidates to apply for national and provincial research grants.
Experience & Qualifications
- Candidates must hold a Ph.D. in hydrology, water resources, hydrodynamics, atmospheric sciences, environmental science, ecology, computer science, material science and other related fields, preferably from one of the international top 50 universities (as listed in the latest US News Best Global Universities Rankings).
- Candidates should demonstrate a strong potential for publishing fundamental or applied basic research (first author of at least two papers published in internationally recognized journals).
- Candidates who have not graduated from one of the international top 50 universities (as listed in the latest US News Best Global Universities Rankings) must show very strong skills in innovative research and publications.
- Basic salary: About 320,000 RMB/year.
- Bonus: Associated with published papers and other scientific deliverables in the group.
- Funding support: Support from national and provincial research grants.