This internship aims to offer students undergoing graduate or post-graduate studies and recent graduates a meaningful work experience by supplementing their learning through a practical and on-the-job training approach. In doing so, the intern’s knowledge is supplemented through a practical learning experience while IUCN derives some level of advantage from the young professional’s services as well as the possibility of gaining new perspectives from the intern.
The Regional Programme Directorate, Asia (RPD) under the overall supervision of the Deputy Regional Director, Asia (DRD), is responsible for designing and delivering an integrated and coherent programme for the region. RPD provides regional oversight on programme development and is specifically responsible for managing IUCN country offices in South Asia (Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan & Sri Lanka). In addition, RPD manages regional programmes such as Mangrove for the Future (MFF), Regional Programme Support Unit (RPSU), Regional Communications and Asia Business & Biodiversity Programme and Regional Membership Unit.
The Intern, Regional Programme Directorate, Asia will assist the Deputy Regional Director Programme, Asia and Senior Operations Manager, Regional Programme Directorate, Asia.
- Provide support in drafting reports, minutes of meetings, recording of workshops and seminar including preparation of the presentations.
- Assist in collation of reports from country offices
- Assist in tracking programmes and projects workplan and budgets as needed.
- Assist with doing basic research through available resources on relevant topics.
- Any other task that may be assigned by the line manager from time to time.
- Fluency in English is essential with the ability to draft clearly and concisely, good written and oral language skills and experience in report writing.
- Knowledge of researching.
- Highly organized with strong ability to multitask.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from different national and cultural backgrounds to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to work independently as needed.
- Willing to learn, and has a detail orientation and a solutions focus.
- A Problem solver with flexibility and initiative.
- Those currently enrolled in a degree programme as well as recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the “Apply” button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.