Responsible for providing support to the Regional Coordinator – GWP SAS in the coordination and implementation of the Global Water Partnership Organisation (GWPO) Global Youth Strategy and activities based on global youth programs, which are planned by the Regional Water Partnerships (RWPs) and Country Water Partnerships (CWPs) in 12 regions, including South Asia.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Regional Coordinator – GWP SAS in the implementation of the GWPO Global Youth Strategy.
- Provide support to, and coordinate with, RWPs and CWPs on the implementation of their own strategies/programs. This should be done in collaboration with Regional Youth Focal Points and Regional Coordinators.
- Provide advice on the Global Youth Work Plan that is implemented in the regions in consultation with the Youth Focal Point at GWPO and the Consultant (Youth Networking Advisor).
- Support the Regional Coordinator – GWP SAS in submitting quality reports of achievements and outcomes to the GWPO regularly, and the timely dissemination and exchange of information to key audiences, including partners, donors, other GWP regions, media, relevant organizations and institutions, governments, etc.
- Carry out appropriate project management tasks, especially monitoring and evaluation, and support the Regional Coordinator – GWP SAS to implement the Youth for Water and Climate (#YWC) Platform.
- Support the development and implementation of a work plan on youth and the associated budgets.
- Support the development of GWP program/projects. The Coordinating Officer – Youth, in collaboration with the Youth Networking Advisor and Regional Coordinator – GWP SAS, will be involved in proposal development activities to ensure that youth aspects have been sufficiently considered.
- Support the Communications team with awareness raising and dissemination of relevant messages.
- Support the Knowledge Management team in identifying and developing case studies, and in supporting the maintenance of the GWP Toolbox on youth.
- Support fundraising efforts of the regions and GWPO accordingly.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all the regions, partners, CWPs, GWPO and all other constituencies that are important to the success of the GWP network.
- Liaise with the GWPO Youth Team, Youth Networking Advisor and colleagues from other RWPs to seek advice and share information and experience that may benefit the entire network.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Science, Social Science, Political Science or any other relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in partnership building and communications work.
- Experience in working with youth organizations.
- Proven experience in writing for different audiences.
- Understanding of a networking approach.
- Experience in working on issues related to water, agriculture, natural resources and development.
- Facilitation experience.
- Experience in program planning, monitoring and evaluation
Skills and abilities
- Familiarity with the global context on climate change and youth involvement.
- Be proactive and possess good leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English.
- Strong ability to interact with partners/clients.
- Good interpersonal, communication, teamwork and analytical skills.
- Strong potential to develop mutual respect and sound working relationships with GWP partners.
- Ability to network with the national, regional and global network of GWP partner organizations.