We are currently looking for WASH Senior Programme Manager to be based in Cox’s Bazar with frequent travel to targeted Communities both UKHIA and TEKNAF.
The WASH Programme Manager, based in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh will be expected to lead on sectoral assessment, project planning, coordination, and support fundraising, recruitment and procurement. The post holder will be expected to mentor and/or capacity building existing country programme WASH staff.
Qualifications and experience
· Education to Degree level in Public Health, Water Engineering, or a related subject, or equivalent field experience
· Experience working in an emergency response contexts or fragile states
· Previous experience of managing a WASH team
· Previous experience of WASH project management, implementing WASH projects within agreed timescales and budget limitations
· Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability in a WASH context
· Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation
· Experience of training and capacity building WASH staff
· Some experience of representation and ability to represent SC effectively in external forums.
· Knowledge of institutional donors and experience of developing proposals
· Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports and a high level of written and spoken English
· Strong influencing skills
· Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
· The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
· Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
· Specific experience of designing and managing DFID, ECHO, OFDA, DEC, GAC and UN agencies and other major donor projects
· Language skills in Bangla
· Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts
Contract length: 6 months with potential to extend (flexible according to scenario)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
· No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
· All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
· Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Closing date for this advert is 19 February 2018.
Note – As this is an emergency position, CVs will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the position may be filled before the advertisement period concludes.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
: Feb 5, 2018, 9:23:21 AM