Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Full time, Permanent position (with a 6 months’ probation period)
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Salary Range: Competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience
Open to: Both external and internal candidates
Application deadline: 21 August 2016
SEI is now seeking an experienced project manager. The main responsibility for the successful candidate will be to take on a major role in the coordination and implementation of the global Sustainable Lifestyles and Education Programme (SLE). This four-year initiative is led jointly by the Swedish and Japanese governments and WWF International. SEI has been mandated to act as the Swedish Government’s representative in the programme.
Duties and responsibilities
Specifically, the successful applicant will be expected to, among other tasks:
- Coordinate, together with other SEI researchers and external partners, the Sustainable Lifestyles and Education Programme and deliver the expected outcomes in accordance with the SLE strategic action plan 2016-17.
- In collaboration with SEI researchers lead the preparation of relevant research and project outputs (reports, peer reviewed articles, policy briefs and presentations).
- Participate in research and policy analysis.
- Carry out fundraising; manage budgeting, costs and reporting for the project in close collaboration with the SEI financial team.
- Coordinate, with SEI researchers and the SEI Communications team, outreach activities of the programme, including attending or hosting meetings (in Sweden, virtually and elsewhere), events and field work.
The candidate will also contribute to other SEI projects and the continuous development of SEIs research, primarily in the area of sustainable consumption and lifestyles together with colleagues in the same field.
- Academic degree (masters or higher) in interdisciplinary environmental or social science, political science, law, economics or a related field.
- 5-10 years of relevant professional experience of research, consulting, management or analysis of sustainable consumption and production and/or lifestyles within decision making processes at the global level.
- Solid track record in managing and coordinating research projects.
- A professional network relevant to sustainable consumption and production and experience in liaising with international policy makers, government officials, UN agencies and research.
- Ability to work in complex projects, including bridging multiple scientific disciplines and international teams as well as working at the intersection between science and policy.
- Experience in organising and facilitating workshops, conferences and seminars and consolidating outputs into clear and concise summary reports.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team work and social skills and enthusiasm for project management, administration and report writing.
- Experience in sustainable lifestyles initiatives.
- Fluency in Swedish.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online using the Apply now button below. The application requires a cover letter (maximum 1 page) and a CV. Applications must be written in English and arrive at SEI as soon as possible but no later than 21 August 2016.
Inquiries concerning the content of the position can be directed to Maria Westerlund, Human Resources Director – [email protected], Peter Repinski, Head of Unit – [email protected] or the Union at SEI Stockholm which is represented in this recruitment process by Marie Jürisoo, Research Fellow – [email protected].
The selected candidate will be employed by SEI in Stockholm, following Swedish labour laws. Remunerations will be competitive based on the Swedish market and will be subject to Swedish income tax.