Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) is registered in India as a not for profit company under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956. JSCF is an associate member of WaterAid International and uses the brand name ‘WaterAid’ in India. WaterAid‘s mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalized people by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. WaterAid India’s goal is to “Make Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) poverty history in the country”.
WaterAid began working in India in 1986. WaterAid India (WAI) focuses on the poorer states in the country to better target India’s most vulnerable communities. The head office is in New Delhi. WaterAid India also has Regional Programme Offices in Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad and Lucknow. We currently work in 11 states in the country.
WAI’s Programme focus in the next five years is on promoting and securing rights and access to safe water, improved hygiene and sanitation for the poor in particular through direct services and millions more, through our influencing work.
WAI is initiating a time bound project titled “ Rapid Action to Enhance Sustainable Access to Safe Water in Nelamangala, Palakkad, and Sri City ” specifically project aims to impact people with sustainable access to safe drinking water, sanitation and hygiene promotion in the target locations, by strengthening services, systems and capacity of local institutions . The project aims to work very closely with the Government of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala, demonstrate WASH Secure, and WASH compliant communities.
Contract Duration: 3 year (Co-terminus with donor Grant)
Responsible for leading on all community mobalisation activities, IEC/BCC strategy development and its implementation as defined in project proposal and work plan.
Designing and supporting community sensitization and mobilization efforts to improve the quality and efficacy of community engagement.
- Lead and oversee all community mobalisation and other IEC/BCC project activities.
- Provide a high level of technical expertise and inputs into the design and development of IEC/BCC strategies and plans aligned with project objectives.
- Work with Programme Manager (team leader) to help partner to establish systems and procedures that support implementation and monitoring of community mobalisation activities.
- Lead and coordinate with local NGOs to ensure a participatory consultation process for the community mobalisation in the intervention areas based on sound participatory engagement principles.
- Develop a robust process for monitoring and the community mobalisation process and review of its achievement towards realizing governance objective through consultation with key stakeholders.
- Responsible to develop various ToRs, capacity building framework, training calendar, appropriate training methodology to ensure quality delivery of program in coordination with partner staff
- Responsible for planning and delivering capacity-building support to key stakeholders. This would involve hands on training as well as coordination of capacity building measures to be undertaken by WAI in designated project area. This also include, guiding the project team to ensure successful, timely implementation of the planned capacity building activities in the field at partner’s level with high quality.
- Facilitate Development of short-term action plan for the sustainable development and communication strategy in coordination with local partners.
- Support partners in developing baseline tool and completion of baseline and end line.
- Support Knowledge management and dissemination of best practices and lessons learned both internally and externally.
- Participate and support Project Manager in organize public events, trainings, stakeholders meeting and workshops.
- Responsible to prepare high quality reports for all capacity building and behavior Change initiatives.
- Manage partner Programme and monitor progress a per the agreed work plan
- Assessment of community mobalisation and capacity building Programme and preparation of impact report on a regular basis. Produce high quality reports to be shared with the donors and other stakeholders
- Establish and maintain excellent working relations with the concerned government departments in the districts of intervention
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Programme Manager.
Eligibilities and requirements Education
- Post graduation (or equivalent) qualification in one of the following areas: social sciences, international development, economics, water/natural resource management, environment, social policy; additional qualification in water, sanitation, hygiene education or specific training on conducting participatory trainings will be an added advantage
- Between 8 to 10 years of relevant work experience in similar organizational/functional context.
- Experience leading community focused IEC/BCC campaign in WASH sector will be an added advantage
- Experience in analyzing capacity gaps of the partner organizations and helping them develop and execute plans to address them
- Experience in coordinating/dialoguing with district administration and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in participatory engagement.
- Sound understanding of Participatory approaches and tools
- Exceptional communications and presentation skills, both written and oral, in English, and any of the south Indian languages viz Kannada, Telugu and Malayalam.
- Proven strategic, conceptual and analytical skills
- Proactive and self-motivated individual capable of engaging persuasively with various stakeholders
- A self-starter, able to work independently
- Ability to travel extensively
- To apply please download the attached application form. Kindly note that ONLY applications submitted on WaterAid’s standard application form will be considered.
- Please mention position and location in the subject line “Community Mobalisation Expert”.
- Please save the application form with your name and position, you have applied. Completed applications should be sent to [email protected]
- Closing date: 10 February 2018
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be intimated of the interview.
- WaterAid is an equal opportunity employer; women and the differently abled are particularly encouraged to apply.