Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) is registered in India as a not for profit company under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956. JSCF is an associate member of WaterAid International and uses the brand name ‘WaterAid’ in India. WaterAid‘s mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalized people by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. WaterAid India’s vision is to “access to safe water, sanitation, and hygiene for everyone, everywhere in India by 2030”.
WaterAid began working in India in 1986. WaterAid India (WAI) focuses on the poorer states in the country with a focus on India’s most vulnerable communities. The head office is in the nation’s capital, New Delhi. WaterAid India also has Regional Offices in Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad and Lucknow. We currently work in 11 states in the country.
WAI’s Programme focus in the next five years is on promoting and securing rights and access to safe water, improved hygiene and sanitation for the poor in particular through direct services and millions more, through our influencing work.
WAI is initiating a time bound project titled “ Rapid Action to Enhance Sustainable Access to Safe Water in Nelamangala, Palakkad, and Sri City ” specifically project aims to impact people with sustainable access to safe drinking water, sanitation and hygiene promotion in the target locations, by strengthening services, systems and capacity of local institutions . The project aims to work very closely with the Government of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala, demonstrate WASH Secure, and WASH compliant communities.
Contract Duration: 3 year (Co-terminus with donor Grant) Responsibilities
- Monitoring of project progress on project deliverables
- Handholding support to partner and key stakeholders for effective implementation of the project
- Monthly budget tracking and guide partner for effective utilization
- Periodic review and verification of MIS data
- Identification of case studies, innovations and best practices and documentation of the same
- Support community Mobilization Expert in identification of training needs of different stakeholders and rollout of CB plan.
- Preparation of monthly updates and brief reports
- Provide support in organizing donor/ other stakeholder visits
- Providing support to the team in organizing key events planned under the project
- Ensure quality monitoring of all projects implemented by partners in the project
- Establish and maintain excellent working relations with the concerned government departments in the districts of intervention
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Programme manager
Eligibilities and requirements Education
- Post graduation (or equivalent) qualification in one of the following areas: social sciences, international development, economics, water/natural resource management, environment, social policy; additional qualification in water, sanitation, hygiene education or specific training on conducting participatory trainings will be an added advantage
- Between 8 to 10 years of relevant work experience in similar organizational/functional context.
- Experience of working on WASH issues and especially on Water / natural resource management will be an added advantage.
- Experience in analyzing capacity gaps of the partner organizations and helping them develop and execute plans to address them
- Experience in coordinating/dialoguing with district administration and other stakeholders
- Experience working with donor funded project
- Strong organizational and time Management skills
- Exceptional communications and presentation skills, both written and oral, in English, and any of south Indian languages viz Kannada, Telugu and Malayalam.
- Proven strategic, conceptual and analytical skills
- Proactive and self-motivated individual capable of engaging persuasively with various stakeholders
- A self-starter, able to work independently
- Ability to travel extensively
- To apply please download the attached application form. Kindly note that ONLY applications submitted on WaterAid’s standard application form will be considered.
- Please mention position and location in the subject line “Programme Coordinator”.
- Please save the application form with your name and position, you have applied. Completed applications should be sent to [email protected]
- Closing date: 10 February 2018
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be intimated of the interview.
- WaterAid is an equal opportunity employer; women and the differently abled are particularly encouraged to apply.