With approximately 85,000 planted acres in California’s San Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Orchards is the world’s largest grower of almonds, pistachios and pomegranates. Our core focus is on farming, providing us with deep expertise in every aspect of growing these crops, including all cultural aspects, pest control, irrigation technologies and specialized equipment use, all tied together with sophisticated information systems.Our team is growing and currently looking for a Water Resources Manager for farming operations in the California Central Valley.
This position will develop, coordinate and execute the short-term and long-term water supply, management and policy strategies of Wonderful Orchards and other Wonderful agricultural entities (collectively, Wonderful). The Water Resources Manager interacts with various departments and all management within WO and Wonderful and further develops relationships with key staff and policymakers in the broader water and agricultural community with an initial focus on the areas of Tulare, Kings, Fresno and Madera counties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop an understanding of WO’s water supply assets and goals and act to support, sustain and enhance its assets and goals through effective communication and coordinated efforts
- Analyze and understand various water districts’ structure, supplies, rules and regulations, management plans, operations and issues
- Work with the internal and external resources to develop and execute strategies to address, federal, state and local water supply, delivery and management issues in support of Wonderful
- Communicate and guide the distribution of key water information to the Wonderful team
- Conduct research, prepare written summaries and deliver verbal presentations for various department projects, internal meetings, external meetings and communications
- Analyze and develop recommendations on annual water budgets and outlook projections
- Conduct and present research and data analysis on water usage, supply availability, conveyance system limitations and financial management for internal uses, lender communications and acquisition research
- Analyze and update Wonderful’s water asset and use plan
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
* Complete water supply assessments for various ranches and potential property acquisitions, including considerations of supply, policy, regulatory and physical factors
* Structure, coordinate and facilitate transfers, exchanges and acquisitions
* Understand and explain potential impact of water issues on related areas such as regulations, politics, ranch operations, crop production and yields and current scientific approaches (Delta science, groundwater regulation, developing technologies (water quality, remote sensing))
* Explain in written and verbal communication complex water issues to leadership and policymakers in an easily digestible manner, tailoring certain messages to drive a desired outcome
* Define your role as a trusted business advisor and team member on water matters internally and externally by building and maintaining relationships and serving as a face for Wonderful
Bachelor degree with a related course major preferred (i.e. Business Administration, Agriculture, Environmental Resources, Water Resources) and 3+ years of experience in heavy data and research analysis
- Advanced computer skills including the Microsoft Office suite with heavy emphasis in Excel
- Experience reading, analyzing and interpreting business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to prioritize, adapt and multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment
* Ability to execute strategies independently and as part of a larger team
* Ability to think critically, analyze information, and challenge assumptions
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communicate skills
* Professional appearance and demeanor
* Dependable and reliable
* Strategic thinker with tactical and detailed execution
- Be on the forefront of a growing business!
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k and bonus opportunity
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Personal Hours and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) — allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
With approximately 90,000 planted acres in California’s San Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Orchards is the world’s largest grower of almonds, pistachios and pomegranates. In early 2015, Wonderful Orchards ventured into the Bee business with the intention of contributing to the long term health of bees, investing in R&D efforts and further develop best practices. With over 30,000 hives and counting, Wonderful Bees is growing across the nation! Our growth is exciting, but we can’t do it alone. Join us in this new venture as we look to expand and hirevarious roles includingbeekeeping, management, R&D and much more.
Wonderful Orchards is part of The Wonderful Company, a $3.5 billion international company that includes popular consumer brands such as Fiji water, POM Wonderful, Wonderful Almonds, JUSTIN wines, Wonderful Pistachios, Wonderful Halos and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.