ABOUT THE POSITION
Water For People is currently recruiting for the position of Director of Marketing and Communications who will serve as a primary campaign strategist, storyteller, and brand ambassador. The Director leads activities to grow Water For People’s donor pool through print and electronic media, strongly coupled with the development of marketing partnerships with companies that share our values and can significantly expand our reach. This position is based at Water For People’s headquarters in Denver, Colorado.
Digital/social media strategies, brand development, advertising, public relations, content development, audience conversion, and data analytics fall within the scope of this critical role. The Director develops innovative marketing campaigns that increase awareness, define and engage key audiences, grow online revenue, and establish relevance within target sectors and the general public. The Marketing & Communications team aligns activities and objectives with the Business Development goals and objectives, while maintaining close collaboration across the global team both at HQ and our nine country offices to ensure alignment with a consistent global brand and marketing approach.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
Leading a Robust Marketing Strategy
- Oversee the planning, development, and execution of Water For People’s marketing and communications initiatives.
- Manage team to design and execute marketing campaigns to build awareness and grow our donor pool.
- Create donor lifecycle marketing tactics for onboarding, retention, and re-engagement of lapsed donors.
- Continue to build upon outstanding brand recognition, working across channels to further increase awareness and understanding of the organization and its mission to stakeholders around the globe.
- Position Water For People as a high-impact leader and innovator in the WASH sector, international development community, and social enterprise circles, and as a reputable and respected organization within donor communities.
- Lead PR/media initiatives and connect PR firm (as needed) with organizational initiatives and milestones to increase Water For People’s share of voice.
- Collaborate with our Global Programs team on best methods to share impact metrics and outcomes with external audiences.
Growing Revenue through Partnerships
- Develop relationships and partnerships with corporations through commercial co-ventures and other avenues that bring more resources and broader audience reach to Water For People’s mission. Track and record activities around partnership development.
- Collaborate with Director of Principal Gifts on developing and implementing a strategy to grow our portfolio of marketing-centered corporate partnerships.
- Manage a select portfolio of corporate donors whose partnerships rely on co-branding and leveraging of Water For People’s brand and impact to generate resources to our mission.
- In partnership with Director of Development Operations, ensure fulfillment of marketing requirements for donors who request/require assets (images, video, stories, etc.).
- Collaborate with Director of Principal Gifts and Relationship Managers on creative and innovative ways to more deeply engage high-capacity donors.
Analyzing and Adapting
- Develop and manage key performance indicators and analytics to track effectiveness of marketing (open rates, read rates, views, engagements, etc.) and campaigns (target amount of funds raised) to continuously improve and ensure achievement of revenue goals.
- Measure and report impact of all marketing activities.
- Direct and analyze audience/donor engagement, and use findings and insights to inform and strengthen our initiatives.
Inspiring a Team
- Recruit, motivate, organize, manage, train, and lead the marketing and communications staff in a manner which promotes professional development, while maintaining team focus on organizational priorities.
- Build alignment and consensus within the team around organizational goals.
- Demonstrate leadership in cross-functional collaboration across the organization.
- Set individual contributor and team goals, and conduct performance reviews for direct reports.
- In collaboration with the Chief Development Officer, manage the budget and financial reporting for all marketing and communications activities.
- Ensure team is following appropriate business processes, procedures, and policies.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree is required or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible and relevant experience in marketing/communications, digital/print campaigns, media relations, business development, public relations, or another related field.
- At least 4 years of experience successfully leading and managing a team.
- Experience collaborating with key internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Experience selecting and managing outside vendors to maximize benefit to the organization.
- Proven marketer with creative skills, strong communicator, and familiar with digital technologies.
- Demonstrated performance in outcomes-based organizations where candidate has successfully developed and implemented strategies to achieve specific revenue goals with a Resource Development or Sales team.
- Experience working with various social media platforms and web design/development.
- Advanced computer proficiencies in MS Office, Adobe Suite, SharePoint, CRM (EveryAction), etc.
- Experience in the field and familiarity with international development is a plus.
- Spanish language skills are a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to travel 15-20% of the time domestically and internationally to developing countries, where travel is rugged.
- Ability to work in an open office environment.
- This position is based at Water For People Headquarters in Denver, Colorado
*Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
CONTACT AND FURTHER INFORMATION:
Deadline for submitting your application is 5pm MT, Monday, February 12, 2018.
This is an exempt, full time position with a comprehensive benefits package. Salary is competitive and commensurate with level of experience. Water For People cannot provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
If you are qualified and Water For People interests you, please send us your resumé and a cover letter that provides insight into both your experience and how you are the ideal candidate for this position. Also, please let us know how you heard about this position.
Resumés and cover letters can be sent to [email protected]; please put the job title in the subject line. Please no phone calls or in person inquiries.