UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Under the direct supervision of the WASH Officer Central Region and the technical supervision from the WASH team, accountable for professional technical contribution to programme/project design, planning, administration, monitoring and evaluation of WASH programme/project activities, data analysis and progress reporting, and commitment for enhancement of teamwork and capacity building, in support of achievement of planned objectives of the work plan, aligned with country programme goals and strategy.
1. Accurate, complete and up-to-date information made available for effective budget preparation, programme and project design, implementation, management and evaluation including emergency preparedness and response.
2. Programme efficiency and effectiveness enhanced through effective implementation follow-on.
3 Progress reports and project work plans timely prepared, and effective technical assistance provided in the identification of required supplies and equipment, and in the drafting of Country Programme Recommendation and other project documentation, with specific attention to gender/sex disaggregation of relevant indicators.
4. Appropriateness and completeness of financial and supply documentation as well as adherence to established allotments ensured.
5. Knowledge sharing with counterparts, WASH sectoral and relevant stakeholders, donors ,media promoted.
6. Effective communication and networking achieved through partnership and collaboration.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES and DUTIES & TASKS
Within the delegated authority and under the given organizational set-up, the incumbent may be assigned the primarily, shared, or contributory accountabilities for all or part of the following areas of major duties and key end-results.
1 Programme/Project Management:
- Ensure the availability at the Central Region Field Office of accurate, complete and up-to-date information required for effective WASH with focus on hygiene sanitation project design, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Update situation on improved sanitation coverage in the target province.
- Update progress against provincial and district targets for achieving ODF status in the target areas.
- Â Coordinate the finalization of BCC materials on use of safe water, environmental sanitation and good hygiene practices and dissemination in the focus areas.
- Develop strategies, plans, processes and methods in promotion and facilitation of the hygiene education at the filed level.
2. Project Efficiency and Effectiveness:
- Enhance project efficiency and effectiveness through implementation follow-up, including field monitoring of UNICEF inputs, local conditions and resources, flow of supply and non-supply assistance and WASH project status in the focus area.
3. Work Plan and Project Documentation:
- Provide inputs and technical support to implementing partners in the focus area to analyze data and information and prepare progress reports.
4. Project Implementation Information and Data:
- Ensure the appropriateness of financial, administrative and supply documentation at Field Office level.
5. Knowledge Sharing:
- Compile Sanitation and hygiene related project implementation training and orientation materials to promote knowledge sharing with Country Office and Field Office colleagues as well as with sectoral and relevant partners.
6. Communication and Networking:
- Ensure the effective communication and networking developed and maintained through partnership and collaboration at Field Office Level.
- Coordinate activities of the UNICEF WASH Programme internally and with respect to the activities of partner agencies including NGOS, CBOs, WCUS, CDC, bilateral donors and others, and ensure clear communication among the stakeholders and UNICEF.
- Take account of education, health, environment and other important cross-cutting concerns in project design and implementation.
- Coordinate with members of the development community, including NGOs, UN and bilateral agencies in the exchange of information relating to WASH sector, but also with other sector partners (e.g. education, health, energy etc) as well. Where appropriate support the IASC WASH Cluster during preparedness and response to emergencies.
University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Geology, Hydrology, Sanitation Engineering, or a field relevant to international WASH related development assistance.
Additional training in Health Education or Communication for Development (Programme Communication), an asset.
One year of professional work experience in the UN or other international development organization or private sector (for IP) and national government and field work experience.
Background/familiarity with Emergency (preparedness and response).
Fluency in English and in the local languages of the duty station, Dari and/or Pashto, is required.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
Opening Date Thu Feb 01 2018 05:30:00 GMT+0100 (CET) Afghanistan Standard Time
Closing Date Thu Feb 08 2018 12:00:00 GMT+0100 (CET)