Skat Consulting Ltd. is offering an opportunity for recent graduates or young professionals to conduct an internship within Skat’s ApaSan project in Moldova. The trainee will support the project team in documenting innovations and lessons learnt in the project.
The ApaSan project is financed by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and co-financed by the Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC) and it is implemented by Skat Consulting since 2008. The project combines policy influencing, institutional strengthening and support to infrastructure development with the aim to enable Moldovan institutions at all levels to better respond to the needs for water supply and sanitation services of the rural population, including the most vulnerable. More information can be found on the project website: http://apasan.skat.ch/
The project is now in its last phase and will end in May 2019. In this final phase of the project, Skat is focussing on documenting the projects results and making them available to sector stakeholders in Moldova and beyond. Skat is now offering the opportunity for a trainee to work with Skat’s team in Moldova on this documentation task. Specific items to be documented will potentially include the following:
- Introduction to Moldova of technology for in-situ removal of iron and manganese from groundwater
- Introduction to Moldova of constructed wetland technology for treatment of wastewater in rural areas
- Promotion of urine diverting dry toilets for households in rural areas
- Piloting water safety plans in rural water supply systems in Moldova
The tasks of the trainee will consist in reviewing available documentation, conduct interviews with team members and stakeholders, field visits and writing the final reports. The trainee will be supervised by Skat’s project coordinator in Moldova.
The internship will be fully based in Moldova and have a minimum duration of four months (preferably six months or more).
The internship is an excellent opportunity to acquire experience in development cooperation of a range of innovative technologies and approaches for water supply and sanitation.
University degree in a field relevant for the project
- Excellent English communication and writing skills (correct use of English, focussed and readable writing style)
- Welcome but not compulsory: prior experience in developing countries, Romanian or Russian language skills
- Introduction in St. Gallen; supervision and support for the work through the team in Moldova
- Travel costs to Moldova, accommodation in Moldova, living allowance
- Apply until 25.02.2018 by email to [email protected]
- The application should contain a short motivation letter indicating the availability, CV and 1-3 documents written personally by the applicant in English (report, master’s thesis, article or similar)