About the Role:
CARE Australia is expanding its Gender Equality Unit to meet a growing demand for gender expertise from our country offices and from collaborating partners who want to learn more about CARE’s gender transformative approach. The Gender Advisor & Trainer (WASH) is responsible for supporting CARE Australia and its partners’ programs to systematically address issues of gender equality and women’s empowerment as a fundamental aspect of fighting poverty and social injustice. The role will support a range of programs with a particular focus on WASH, gender training and workshop facilitation. The role will also contribute to building CARE’s gender transformative training modules and facilitation guides for partners overseas and within Australia.
- Provide direct technical support and advice to International Programs staff, Country Offices and partners on program design, inception, monitoring and evaluation, particularly in WASH programs, to ensure that gender equality and women’s empowerment are systematically addressed;
- Develop training modules and facilitator guides and deliver a range of gender equality training for Australian and overseas partners;
- Build the capacity and expertise of CARE Australia , country offices and partners to provide high quality training and services that are consistent with CARE’s gender transformative approach;
- Support International Programs Department with integrating gender equality into donor reporting and accountability requirements;
- Support CARE Australia in business development and opportunities in both program development and gender equality capacity building;
- Support CARE Australia programs to apply CARE International Gender Policy standards, and support periodic reporting against the standards.
Please provide a short statement against the following criteria:
- Significant experience in international development programs, particularly in WASH, with proven competence in gender transformative and participatory approaches to WASH program design, monitoring and evaluation;
- High level training and facilitation skills including in cross-cultural settings;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering gender equality training;
- Demonstrated experience in designing and conducting project and program level gender analysis in WASH and other sectors;
- Demonstrated high level organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks, competing priorities and complete assignments within timeframes;
- Demonstrated competency in mainstreaming gender equality in organisations;
- Demonstrated ability to respond effectively to challenges, to work effectively in a small, diverse and busy team environment with minimal supervision.
Questions about the role? Please contact Cathy Boyle, Country Programs Manager at [email protected] or 02 6279 0240 (please do not email applications to this address).
Applications Close: 12:01 am (AEST), Monday 19 February 2018