Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Finance & Investment Readiness Associate / Senior Associate
Tetra Tech ARD (https://tetratechintdev.com), headquartered in Burlington, Vermont, is accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to join our Water Resources and Infrastructure (WRI) Sector team as an Associate or Senior Associate.
The WRI Sector assists governments, civil society organizations, private sector and communities in developing countries to improve policies and practices essential to the provision of effective water resources management, water supply, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) programming and municipal infrastructure services. Tetra Tech ARD has ongoing water sector activities in countries including Kenya, Tanzania, Liberia, Uganda, Ethiopia, Jordan, Pakistan, Nepal, South Africa, and Cambodia.
The successful candidate will support project delivery and administration, provide technical services, lead business development initiatives, and contribute to thought leadership and client diversification. The WASH Finance and Investment Readiness Associate/Senior Associate will also serve as the home office project manager for the on-going, $40 million Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Financing (WASH-FIN) Program. WASH-FIN seeks to close financing gaps to achieve universal access to water and sanitation services through sustainable and creditworthy business models, increased public funding and expanded market finance for infrastructure investment, with geographic focus on sub-Saharan Africa and south/southeast Asia.
This position will be based in Arlington, Virginia.
* Provide senior technical leadership in the arena of WASH-related financing and investment readiness. Specific technical themes include multi-year capital investment planning, financial forecasting and creditworthiness assessment for municipalities and utilities; policy, regulatory and institutional analysis and development; public-private partnerships; small WASH enterprise business planning, training and investment mobilization; structured finance including blended finance; financing of energy solutions for water and sanitation systems; and climate adaptation finance for the urban environment.
* Identify, pursue, strategize, and lead the preparation of proposals in response to WRI sector opportunities in developing countries, including countries in and emerging from conflict;
* Support marketing and positioning strategy in the international water, sanitation and urban financing sub-sectors;
* Provide contract technical and administrative oversight and management, including financial and personnel management, ensuring quality and timely implementation;
* Travel regularly to provide technical assistance and management support to projects and field teams;
* Represent Tetra Tech ARD to clients in the US and developing countries;
* Assess and pursue WASH sector client diversification opportunities;
* Participate in cross-sector initiatives to develop services related to urban resilience;
* Supervise and mentor sector staff as may be required.
Essential Qualifications and Competencies:
* Graduate degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., finance, business administration, urban planning, economics) required;
* Minimum seven (for Associate) to twelve (for Senior Associate) years of relevant professional experience, including at least three years in developing and emerging markets on water, sanitation, energy or infrastructure finance and investment issues.
* Prior successful experience leading multi-million dollar proposal efforts;
* Demonstrated success leading project teams of large, complex water and wastewater systems;
* Strong knowledge of and direct experience with implementation of USAID- and/or MCC-funded, and/or other multilateral development bank processes and projects;
* Professional proficiency in Spanish, French, Portuguese and/or Arabic is strongly preferred;
* Highly proficient in MS Office applications;
* Outstanding oral and written communications skills;
* Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure on multiple concurrent projects;
* Demonstrated detail orientation and exceptionally high levels of organization;
* Position requires frequent international travel (roughly 25%), including to conflict and post-conflict countries;
* Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with poise and professionalism; and
* U.S. citizenship or a current, valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
Apply on line at: http://bit.ly/2DMXTbm
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
- A letter of application explaining individual qualifications and competencies for this opportunity
- A current resume in reverse chronological format
- A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
- A writing sample of sole authorship, maximum of 10 pages in length.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability