Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining water, energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work. Ricardo are nationally and internationally recognised for our expertise in planning and overseeing complex and sensitive projects, our skills have been utilised by a wide range of clients within the public and private sectors including the European Commission, government, utilities and developers.
We are looking for a highly experienced senior consultant with proven environmental planning and leadership experience to join our planning and EIA team. We have offices nationally and are flexible for this role to be based at one of the following locations; London, Manchester, Bristol or Harwell. You will have the opportunity to project manage some exciting projects within the Water & Infrastructure sectors and play a key role in the continued growth and success of the business. You will support principal consultants and the Head of EIA as well as lead and manage your own projects. Deliver all aspects of consultancy from generating new business, and nurturing existing client relationships. There will be opportunity for you to take on responsibility and progress your career towards becoming a Principal EIA Consultant.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following attributes:
- Relevant postgraduate qualification
- Membership of the RTPI, IEMA or similar professional body
- Experienced with an in depth practical working knowledge, ideally of infrastructure projects.
- Detailed knowledge of the EIA planning process and fully conversant with the relevant environmental legislation and guidance.
- Proven experience of project management, budget control and leading projects
- Proficient in winning work and client management
- Experienced in business development
- Strong stakeholder and regulatory communications and management skills
- Ambitious, enthusiastic and self-motivated to thrive in this busy and demanding environment
- Professional report writing and assessing skills
The following would be advantageous:
- Strong existing client network
- SEA experience
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment. In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.