Four Twenty Seven, a climate risk and resilience research and advisory firm, is currently soliciting resumes of experts for anticipated work on climate change adaptation in developing countries. We are seeking individuals with expertise in adaptation issues in developing countries, and sectors of interest are:
- Natural resource management (biodiversity, forestry and coastal)
- Water and sanitation
- Private sector
- Capacity building
- Monitoring and evaluation.
Working closely with the Director of Advisory Services as well as other members of the Advisory Team, experts will serve as consultants and provide inputs to technical assessments, decision-support, and on-the-ground assistance for implementation of adaptation activities in developing countries. Activities may require international or US travel.
- Provide technical inputs to and support for donor-funded adaptation projects, including activities focused on:
- Vulnerability, hazard, risk, and impact assessments
- Adaptation planning, including the identification, assessment, and implementation of measures
- Monitoring and evaluation of adaptation plans, strategies, and activities
- Capacity building, stakeholder engagement, and training
- Climate services
- Draft reports, papers, other written documents, and presentations for a broad range of audiences, including donors, local policy-makers, and development practitioners
- Conduct secondary and primary research on adaptation issues in developing countries
- Support other climate change-related projects and analyses as needed.
- Outstanding analytical and writing skills
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to convey complex ideas to non-technical audiences
- 5+ years’ experience working in developing countries
- 5+ years’ experience working on adaptation
- 3+ years’ experience working on projects funded by bilateral or multilateral donors (e.g., USAID, World Bank, UNDP) and/or other significant funders
- MA/MS in International Development or other graduate degree in a relevant area (see above list)
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter, including availability, to Yoon Kim: [email protected] Application deadline: August 31, 2016. Later applications may be considered on a rolling basis.