The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The Global Competitiveness and Risks team enables leaders from government, business and other members of civil society to benchmark a country’s performance and measure the progress of efforts to promote economic growth and development. The team works with partners in providing an assessment of global risks, creating a platform for discussion in this area (http://reports.weforum.org/global-risks-2016).
The Practice Lead will contribute to the Forum’s Global Risks Report, responsible for chapter content on the future preparedness framework and for content and data analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct research and prepare background analysis on global risks and trends and related governance challenges
• Write substantial pieces of the Global Risks Report and a white paper on a related topic
• Deliver qualitative analysis in which the inputs and outputs are clear, reliable, dependable and well documented
• Prepare other research requests, reports, workshop presentations and other materials using the results of the analysis
• Assist in managing the production process of reports
Qualifications and Skills
• Master’s degree in international relations, political science, economics or related discipline
• Demonstrated experience in researching complex, high-level topics that span many areas of expertise
• Demonstrated experience in analysing global risks and major trends, including from a business perspective
• General knowledge of and interest in economics and in particular development economics
• Ability to quickly understand and analyse new topics as well as to conceptualize and communicate relevant insight
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluency in spoken and written English
• Ability to communicate findings articulately and diplomatically
• Strong project management skills demonstrated through relevant experience
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate work with others and show commitment to the collective output of a project team
If you meet these requirements, please apply online.