The UN Environment-DHI Centre is a United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) centre of expertise, dedicated to improving the management, development and use of freshwater resources. UN Environment-DHI is hosted at DHI headquarters in Hørsholm. DHI is an independent, international consulting and research-based not-for-profit foundation of more than 1000 employees, with offices in 30 countries, and with more than 50 years of experience in water resources management.
We are currently looking for a full time intern to support implementation of a number of projects at UN Environment-DHI.
Main tasks will include:
- Support to implementation of Sustainable Development Goal 6, specifically Indicator 6.5.1. on Degree of implementation of IWRM in countries (primary task)
- Development of the Water Indicator online tool, (specifically research for, and preparation of underlying metadata sheets for various water indicators)
- Collection of case study information on Green Infrastructure projects in the water management sector
- Assistance in preparation of reports, figures, graphs, various data analysis on ad hoc basis.
- Previous work and/or study experience within area of water resources management or natural resources management desirable
- Excellent English command (spoken and writing) is required
- Knowledge if Spanish, French or other official UN Languages an advantage
- Familiarity with the basic MS Office programmes – Word, Excel, Outlook is required. Experience in using Excel for statistical analysis an advantage.
- Knowledge of WordPress or other website content management systems an advantage
Intern will get a hands-on experience working with datasets of a global scale, as well as possibility to familiarize with the work of the UN Environment-DHI and UNEP, including direct contact to a number of national governments.
The internship will be part to full time, starting on, or before March 1st, 2018 for a minimum of 3 months, and will be based from DHI Headquarters in Hørsholm.
The internship is paid (monthly salary corresponding to the official SU rate of 2018 for a full time work load). In addition, lunch and transport expenses to the head office will be covered for the duration of the internship.
Please submit your application or further questions to Maija Bertule (DIRECT EMAIL ONLY to [email protected]) no later than February 15th. Interviews will be scheduled between February 12th (early applicants) and 20th, 2018.