CDM Smith is a privately owned, global, full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm helping public and private clients improve their environment and infrastructure through award-winning projects. Since 1947, we have provided innovative solutions developed through strong client relationships of mutual trust and respect and a commitment to quality and integrity. From a three-person firm in the United States to today’s staff of more than 5,000 worldwide with over 150 offices including in Africa, CDM Smith has grown and diversified with our clients’ needs in mind. Our mission is to reach one goal – the client’s – by providing the right total solutions.
We are now accepting applicants for the position of Water and Irrigation Lead for an assignment lasting up to five years, based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, with travel within the country.
This project, the Tanzania Infrastructure Support Activity (TISA) – a task order under the A&E II IDIQ – has the objective of providing professional architecture and engineering (A&E) technical services to assist USAID/Tanzania on its multi-sector infrastructure portfolio. The professional engineering consulting services support USAID/Tanzania, Power Africa, and the Government of Tanzania’s (GoT) infrastructure priorities in the areas of: a) power, b) transportation, and c) water/irrigation projects.
- Ensure adherence to the goals and objectives (e.g., scope, schedule, and budget) of the contract with USAID, particularly those associated with the water and irrigation sectors;
- Overall management and direction of the water and irrigation team and sub-consultants as well coordination and cooperation with technical and quality support staff from the home office;
- Ensuring that the water and irrigation team pro-actively manages its component of the overall schedule (constrained within the project time frame);
- Abiding by CDM Smith’s strict quality management program (QMP) and anti-corruption policy (ACP) as well as the laws and regulations of Tanzania;
- Regular and accurate progress reporting to the Chief of Party and the local beneficiary agencies as required by the Contract with USAID;
- Effective cooperation, coordination, collaboration and communication with USAID, funding agency, as well as other local government officials, private entities, non-governmental organizations, other donors, and community-based groups as required by the Contract with USAID.
- Bachelor’s Degree associated with water and irrigation (e.g., civil or agricultural engineering) from an accredited university but post-graduate experience related to the scope of this assignment may be required by the client.
- Professional Engineering membership or international equivalent.
- At least 15 years’ professional experience, with at least 10 years of planning & design leadership experience in water and irrigation – with a strong preference for countries in Africa.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.