Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB’s mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB’s main instruments for helping its developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 member countries.
The position is assigned in the Transport, Energy, and Natural Resources Division (PATE) within the Pacific Department. The department is in-charge of client relationships with 14 Pacific developing member countries, and PATE handles processing and implementation of projects mainly in the transport and energy sectors.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The associate project analyst provides statistical and analytical support to the functions of portfolio management and performs a full range of administrative, research, analytical, and project support duties including, but not limited to, preparing reports; organizing and maintaining records; assisting in workshops; supporting country programming; and supporting processing, administration, and monitoring of operational activities. The incumbent will report to the designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
Project Start-up Support
- Contributes to preparation of Project and/or Facility Administration Manuals and Grant Implementation Manuals by consolidating data and information for appendixes, drafting project description and scope, project cost and financing plan, procurement plan, selection procedures and terms of reference for the consulting services, design and monitoring framework, loan covenants, and others
- Prepares initial inputs of information and data of loan, grant and TA projects for eOperations
- Undertakes activities connected with the initial operation and implementation of loan, grant and TA projects, including monitoring and following up of loan/grant signing, TA letter signing, loan/grant effectivity, drafting necessary documents and correspondence related to such activities
Project Performance Monitoring
- Updates information and performance of assigned loan, grant and TA projects into eOperations quarterly or as necessary
- Assists designated International Staff in applying rules and procedures, such as the Loan/Grant Regulations, Project Administration Instructions, loan/grant/TA disbursement handbooks, the financial management handbook.
- Maintains records needed to monitor compliance with loan/grant covenants, following up outstanding obligations of executing agencies (EA) such as the submission of monthly and/or quarterly progress reports, safeguard compliance reports, and benefit monitoring and evaluation reports, and inputting data on the status of such compliance in e-Operations
Project Financial Management
- Administers all activities necessary to process disbursement claims by reviewing withdrawal applications, following-up submission, preparing required correspondence and re-estimating project costs and ADB’s commitments and financing percentages
- Compiles data and statistics on contract awards and disbursements for the assigned projects
- Reconciles project accounts and monitors disbursement status, imprest accounts as well as creation and closing of accounts
- Monitors EAs’ submission of audited financial statements and/or project accounts, and assists in reviewing the submitted audit reports
Support for Procurement and Consultant Services
- Contributes to the review of various procurement documents
- Assists designated International Staff in recruiting consultants in preparing shortlists, request for proposals, evaluation of proposals, contract negotiations, and contract signing.
- Updates the Consultant Recruitment Activity Monitoring System and the Procurement Contract Monitoring System to support monitoring of the progress of consultant recruitment and procurement
- Assists in monitoring submission of TA consultants’ final billings and TA completion for timely closure of TA accounts
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferably relating to project financial management and administration
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience; related experience in international agencies will be preferred
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Level 6
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.