SUMMARY OF POSITION OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Communications Coordinator (CC) plays an essential role in furthering our mission by developing, supporting, and coordinating EP’s communications and marketing materials, social media, events, and special campaigns. ThE CC works collaboratively with the U.S. development team as well as with the Nicaraguan team to create all print and digital materials that communicate our mission, programs, and results. The CC works closely with the Director of US Operations and the Partnership Officer to tell EP’s story to current donors as well as attract new supporters.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Create print and digital materials consistent with EP messaging in order to implement the development strategy
· Assist Partnership Officer in planning and implementing special events
· Work in collaboration with the development team to ensure successful events and initiatives; coordinate closely with the Nicaraguan Communications Coordinator to relate stories from Nicaragua
· Develop and implement a marketing, social media and public relations plan to ensure consistent, quality marketing and community relations materials
· Generate annual report, monthly e-newsletter, two annual print newsletters, and annual appeal letter
· Support Director of US Operations with photo reports for specific funders
· Update and enhance EP’s website and social media platforms
· Create and update promotional material such as PowerPoint presentations, brochures, flyers, human interest stories in a timely and professional manner
· Generate press releases and publicity about EP, taking advantage of special occasions such as World Water Day
· Manage catalog of digital photos and provide images on request
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
· 2-3 years of experience in communications
· Computer skills involving Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign, Illustrator, and similar software products
· Excellent organizational, written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
· General knowledge of international water issues and international development
· Spanish language proficiency highly desired
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively
· Ability to manage multiple high-priority projects and deadlines
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Experience with developing and implementing social media outreach
· Experience with website maintenance using SquareSpace or similar platform
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB:
· Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time
· Ability to travel to and from meetings and appointments in locations and times when public transportation is unavailable
· Some weekend and evening hours required
· Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs
· Salary commensurate with experience.
· Benefits including Flexible Spending Account, 401k retirement plan, sick leave, vacation leave, and 11 paid holidays.
Using “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line, please e-mail a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to [email protected] Applications will be reviewed immediately until the position is filled.
El Porvenir is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.