SUMMARY OF POSITION OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position’s primary responsibility is to raise funds for El Porvenir’s program. In order to grow our program, we are looking for someone who is outgoing, motivated, and able to develop and deepen relationships with supporters. The Partnership Officer is responsible for sourcing, cultivating, and stewarding individual, faith, corporate, and foundation donors. The Partnership Officer will have responsibility for managing several fundraising initiatives, including fundraising campaigns and events. The Partnership Officer will work with the development team to ensure that development processes are implemented and effective.
We are looking for someone who shares our vision to create change with the people of Nicaragua.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Develop fundraising strategies and programs to support the organization’s objectives and fundraising goals in coordination with the Director of US Operations
· Work with the Director of US Operations to develop and implement a comprehensive, strategic, goal-based development plan to attract, build, and maintain effective and mutually beneficial relationships with individuals, faith communities, foundations, and corporations capable of contributing significantly to El Porvenir.
· Methods may include but are not limited to regular correspondence, phone communication, personal invitations, special tours of projects in Nicaragua, reports, and face-to-face meetings
· Strengthen and expand our network of Friends of El Porvenir groups
· Develop ways to keep donors and returned work trip participants involved and move to higher levels of giving
· Creatively source, analyze, cultivate, solicit, and steward new funding sources as well as deepen existing relationships with foundations, corporations, individuals/major donors and religious funders in coordination with the development team and Board of Directors
· Travel within the US and to Nicaragua
· Plan, coordinate and implement all special events with assistance from Communications Coordinator
· Partner with the development team on marketing and public relations to ensure consistent, quality marketing and materials for the organization
· Conduct presentations to potential and existing donors
· Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
· Bachelor’s degree and 5-10 years of experience in fundraising in the non-profit sector
· Computer skills involving Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and similar software products
· Excellent organizational, analytical, written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
· General knowledge of international water issues, international development and organizations associated with these issues
· Spanish language proficiency highly desired
· Demonstrated success in reaching fundraising goals
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively
· Ability to manage multiple high-priority projects and deadlines
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB:
· Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time
· Ability to travel to and from meetings and appointments in locations and times when public transportation is unavailable
· Some weekend and evening hours required
· Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs
· Salary commensurate with experience.
· Benefits including Flexible Spending Account, 401k retirement plan, sick leave, vacation leave, and 11 paid holidays.
Using “Partnership Officer” in the subject line, please e-mail a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to [email protected] Applications will be reviewed immediately until the position is filled.
El Porvenir is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.