About Safe Water Network
Nearly a billion people globally live without access to safe water. Half of the developing world’s hospital beds are filled with people suffering from water-related diseases. Despite the billions spent on improving water access and quality, many systems fail prematurely.
Safe Water Network develops market-based, community-level solutions that deliver safe, affordable and reliable water to populations in need, balancing affordable pricing with financial performance. We engage the diverse capabilities of our public- and private-sector partners to advance a model for broad replication, and document and share our insights through forums, workshops, and reports. Our operating footprint of over 150 safe water systems, providing safe water access to 550,000 people in Ghana and India, forms the basis for research and innovation to systematically overcome the challenges of local sustainability and scale. Safe Water Network was co-founded in 2006 by actor and philanthropist Paul Newman, along with prominent civic and business leaders.
About the Position
The V.P. Business Analytics & Development, based in our New York office, will analyze the financial and operating performance of community water Stations in Ghana and India, supporting the design of improved approaches, including funding structures to implement water systems at scale. The position will manage the internal reporting and systems to evaluate financial viability of our water systems, bringing rigor and clarity to our work and model through analyses and reporting. Additionally he / she will support ongoing improvements to the monitoring and evaluation systems to ensure best-in-class reporting; develop documents and plans in support of our next phase of expansion; supports the development and cultivation of funding from current and prospective funders, with a particular focus on those interested in the new models for philanthropic investment; and represent the organization externally to heighten visibility of our work. Her/ his work enables informed decision making and supports the CEO in securing new funding.
Portfolio assessment and reporting (50%)
- Lead analysis and reporting on financial and operational performance of our portfolio of community water stations in Ghana and India.
- Quantify and prioritize investment opportunities to improve and expand the proposition.
- Support planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring and reporting.
- Conduct structured evaluations of investment, ensuring robust assumptions.
- Prepare operating and financial reports for the board and major funders.
- Contribute to knowledge outputs related to financial and operating performance including Field Insight reports and Sector Reviews.
Business Development Support (30%)
- Develop financial presentations for funders and external audiences.
- Conduct due diligence on funding opportunities and support proposal development and program implementation.
- Participate in presenting to current and prospective funders.
- Assist in financial reporting for annual organizational budget planning and assessments.
- Prepare monthly reviews of the financial status of all projects to ensure that they are operating within budget and according to contractual obligations.
- Monitor costs and commitments against budgets and obligated funds.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, international development (with economics or similar concentration) or related field from a recognized four-year institution; Master’s preferred.
- 5-7 years experience in finance, consulting, research, development, or other role with a strong analytical, financial, and writing component.
- Extremely strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel (macros, pivot tables, graphics, and modeling) and familiarity with other data analytics tools (Tableau preferred).
- Familiarity with a variety of impact measurement, program monitoring and evaluation approaches, and ability to interpret research findings.
- Critical thinker with demonstrated problem-solving skills, writing skills and attention to detail.
- A self-starter with exceptional organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at one time.
- An innovative thinker with a solution-oriented mindset.
- Ability to speak with confidence in front of audiences.
- Experience in the development sector preferred.
- Fluent English.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected], referencing “V.P. Business Analytics & Development” in the subject line. This position will be open until filled.