Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Review meeting minutes of the consultation meetings on drought management strategy to see the needs for both National and Regional perspectives on the new strategy
- Conduct literature review on existing drought management strategy in other regions and beyond to learn how the strategy is developed to deal with drought risk, hazards and its impact in different conditions
- Review and update, in the current version of DMS document, the national and regional findings on i) impact and vulnerability assessment, ii) land and water resources analysis and iii) early warning system to support the concept of formulation of the drought management strategy
- Conduct further transboundary drought impact assessment to be included in the strategy document
- Formulate priorities areas with detailed proposed actions to deal with national drought issues of MCs and transboundary water stress and management for drought management and mitigation for the strategy to be discussed with Countries
- Formulate high quality of the drought management and mitigation strategy document 2019-2023
- Assist the Regional Drought Management Expert to carry out consultations with Member Countries for further improvement of the drought management strategy 2019-2023 for MRC
- Revise and finalize the current draft of the strategy by incorporating all comments and suggestions by Member Countries
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master or higher degree(s) in water resources management, environment or related relevant discipline with at least 15 years work experience;
- Advanced knowledge and extensive experience with development concept on water resources, land use, irrigation and climate change;
- Extensive experience with project/programme management and proposal writing is required;
- Previous experience in the Mekong basin, preferably working with or for the Mekong River Commission;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is required. Working knowledge of one more riparian language is an advantage;
- Good knowledge on Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project is a must.
- The consultant must speak and write English well, TOEIC of 600-700 is required.
The Terms of Reference and other information can be obtained from the MRC website http://www.mrcmekong.org/working-with-mrc/employment/ and https://www.facebook.com/Mekong-River-Commission-165798426775632/timeline/. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application should include:
- (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position,
- (ii) a detailed CV,
- (iii) MRC Personal History Form, and
- (IV) financial proposal.
- The position title/Division must be indicated in the cover letter.
The application should be sent to:
Mekong River Commission
Office of the Secretariat in Vientiane (OSV)
P.O. Box 6101, 184 Fa Ngoum Road
Vientiane 01000, Lao PDR
Email: [email protected]