UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every child, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
A steadily growing economy isn’t benefiting all. Half the population still lives in poverty and children’s chances can vary dramatically depending on their families’ wealth or where they live.
For more information, visit the UNICEF Indonesia Country Office website: https://www.unicef.org/indonesia/
How can you make a difference?
The Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Officer will report to the Chief Field Office in Banda Aceh for day to day management with technical support and oversight from the Chief of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene at Country Office level. The WASH Officer provides technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the WASH programming process. The Officer prepares, manages and implements a variety of technical and administrative tasks, related to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the WASH output results of the Country Programme.
The key responsibilities include:
1. Programme development and planning
2. Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
3. Technical and operational support for programme implementation
4. Networking and partnership building
5. Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have…
- A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene -related programmes for developing countries.
- An Advanced University Degree in public health, social sciences, behavior change communication, sanitary engineering or other specialist field related to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene is required. First level of University degree may be considered with minimum of five (5) years of professional related experience.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Opening Date Fri Jan 26 2018 03:00:00 GMT+0100 (CET) SE Asia Standard Time
Closing Date Thu Feb 08 2018 17:55:00 GMT+0100 (CET)