About the Company
GITEC-IGIP Holding SE with the two managing companies GITEC-IGIP GmbH and IGIP mbH is a leading consulting company for development aid projects. For over five centuries, GITEC-IGIP and IGIP characterise professional experience, activities on four continents, a multi-cultural team as well as a world-wide network of companies and offices in close proximity to customers. In the framework of international development aid our companies lead mainly publicly financed projects. We are constantly looking for high-profile consultants. For more details, please visit our web sites at: www.igip.com and www.gitec-consult.com.
The Project Environment
Team leading for water supply, sewerage and / or waste water treatment plant projects in the Middle East (Jordan, Palestine etc.) and Central Asia / Eurasia (Armenia, Turkey etc.).
Your Main Duties in this Position
- Carry out and provide all necessary activities / services needed to facilitate project progress
- Master planning
- Feasibility studies including preliminary design
- Detailed design, specifications and cost estimates
- International tendering procedures (e.g. KfW guidelines, FIDIC conditions of contract)
- Pro-active coordination of input provided by project stakeholders
- Reporting to donor agencies, clients and partners
- Coordination of local and international team members
Your Educational Background
- Technical university degree in (Civil) Engineering with focus on Water Supply, Sewerage and / or Waste Water Treatment or equivalent
Your Expertise / Profile
- Minimum of 15 years sound work experience after graduation in related field with emphasis on team leading on water supply, sewerage and / or waste water treatment plant projects
- At least 5 years professional experience in developing countries
- Experience in working with international partners and authorities
- Experience with donor (KfW, World Bank, ADB etc.) funded projects and corresponding conditions of contract, particularly FIDIC
- Fluency in spoken and written English; French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian or Arabic language skills would be a plus
- Ability to work in a remote location and in challenging environments
- Strong management, project planning and organisational skills
- Leadership and team-building competencies
- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- MS Office literacy, professional application of subject related software
Duration of Assignments
Assignments usually run for 6 months to 5 years; the exact assignment times are subject to project needs.
If you are interested
please send us an email containing your most recent English CV (preferably KfW format) including full contact details, fee expectations (per day / per month) and details on availability
Quoting the Job ref. no.: TL-GIT-01.2018
Or apply online via the Application-Form in the section below.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who meet the required criteria!