This assignment will be based within the Sustainable Development Cluster of the Istanbul Regional Hub (IRH), with missions to Bucharest, Romania. The overall function of the assignment will be to help the SD cluster support the Government of Romania to develop a new National Sustainable Development Strategy that supports SDG implementation in its vision and intent. This will be achieved by delivering the following outputs and upon confirmation by the Certifying Officer of satisfactory delivery:
- Deliverable 1: An inception report defining the process and methodology for developing the NSDS for Romania (Payment schedule; 10% of total amount; 15 days after start of the contract)
- Deliverable 2: Using the Rapid Integration Assessment methodology review the existing National Sustainable Development Strategy to determine alignment with the SDG, targets and including an assessment of the available indicators and comparison to the global indicators (Payment schedule; 20% of total amount; 1 month after start of the contract)
- Deliverable 3: Results of a consultative process with Romanian experts and elaboration of inputs to be included in a revised NSDS and delivery of a draft NSDS (Payment schedule; 40% of total amount; 2 months after start of the contract)
- Deliverable 4: Brief report on the outcomes from the stakeholder consultative process to review and agree on the NSDS content (Payment schedule; 20% of total amount by end of the contract duration)
- Deliverable 5: Final NSDS inclusive of the comments from the NSDS process and presentation to Government of Romania (Payment schedule; 10% of total amount by end of the contract duration)
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Law, Social Sciences, International Relations, Development, Economics or other related fields is a requirement
- At least 7 years of proven work experience on sustainable development related issues in international organizations or public administration is a requirement
- Relevant experience on developing national strategy documents and liaising with government officials in the ECIS region shall be considered an asset.
- Relevant experience and knowledge on mainstreaming and addressing development goals in a government or international organisation setting shall be considered an asset.
- Proven experience in programming and project management in the areas of sustainable development
- Proven experience in partnership building, research writing and working in a team shall be considered an asset.
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills in English;
- Romanian considered an asset.
Evaluation of Applicants
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on a cumulative analysis taking into consideration the combination of the applicants’ qualifications and financial proposal.
The award of the contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
- Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
Technical Criteria – 70% of total evaluation – max. 35 points:
- Criteria A (Relevance of education) – max points: 2.5
- Criteria B (relevance of work experience on sustainable development related issues in international organizations or public administration and experience and knowledge on mainstreaming and addressing development goals in a government or international organisation setting) – max points: 10
- Criteria C (experience on developing national strategy documents and liaising with government officials in the ECIS region) max points: 5
- Criteria D (experience in programming and project management in the areas of sustainable development) – max points: 2.5
- Criteria E (experience in partnership building, research writing and working in a team) – max points: 5
- Criteria F (Romanian language) – max points: 5
- Criteria G (Sample Review) – max points: 5
Financial Criteria – 30% of total evaluation – max. 15 points.
Only candidates who will obtain at least 70% of points in desk review will be considered for financial evaluation. A verification interview will be done with the selected candidate.
Qualified candidates are requested to apply online via this website. The application should contain:
- Cover letter explaining why you are the most suitable candidate for the advertised position, and two written samples of your previous work (a short analytical document or an executive summary of a report) in English. The application system does not allow multiple documents to be uploaded. Please paste the samples to the back of your P11 to upload one single document to the system.
- Filled P11 form including past experience in similar projects and contact details of referees
- (blank form can be downloaded from http://www.eurasia.undp.org/content/dam/rbec/docs/P11_modified_for_SCs_and_ICs.doc); please upload the P11 instead of your CV.
- Financial Proposal* in USD – consisting of a) total all-inclusive lump sum amount for professional fee for tasks specified in this announcement b) travel costs to/from duty station. c) mission related costs for 3 missions to Bucharest (including i) travel costs and ii) per diem for 5 working days for each mission)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please make sure you have provided all requested materials.