Field of activity
In September 2017, the NAMA Facility has commissioned GIZ to implement the NAMA Support Project “China Integrated Waste Management NAMA”. The main objective of the project is to reduce GHG emissions for China’s waste sector and induce a transformational change in the sector. Thus, increasing the attractiveness of integrated waste management and waste-to-energy systems as a financially sustainable low-carbon investment field by introducing best available practices for integrated waste management in three to five pilot municipalities. The intent is to increase the capacity of sector stakeholders through suitable training approaches. Policy advice provided to the Chinese government will support a further reduction of existing market barriers currently hindering the sector’s transformation. By enabling the sector to make use of new income streams from the energy and carbon markets, as well as matching private sector engagement in existing networks, this NAMA Support Project will support the up-scaling of integrated waste management solutions in China. Main partners to the project are ministries and government authorities on national and local level in China and donor countries of the NAMA Facility (Germany, Denmark, Great Britain and EU) as well as private sector institutions such as research institutes and companies.
As Junior Advisor you will support the project director and its team in managing the project’s implementation and in carrying out project-related research. You will be part of a team of six highly motivated people.
In detail, your tasks include:
- Support the project director to manage the implementation of professional concepts and organizational tasks
- Write professional concepts and implement project activities independently in coordination with the project director
- Support policy and standard research on the issues of European waste management and climate change
- Support the communication with the Sino-International consulting consortium and other individual experts employed by the project, regarding contracting, logistics support, deliverables, etc.
- Support the project coordination, M+E system, documentation, reporting, PR and knowledge management of the project
- Assist to maintain and develop networks, maintain contact and contact setup with international stakeholders from industries, science and civil society in coordination with the project director
- Support the results dissemination of the project
- Support the project opportunities in the development of the sector
- University degree in environmental engineering, economics or natural sciences
- Knowledge of relevant issues regarding waste management, renewable energy and/or climate policy
- Excellent communication and management skills, experienced event organizer
- Proven intercultural competency, regional experience especially in China preferred, first GIZ experience is an asset
- Excellent self-organization, efficient time management
- Ability to quickly adapt to new topics and research
- Written and oral communication at a mother tongue level in German and English
- Good knowledge of Chinese is preferable, basic knowledge is a requirement
Conditions regarding location
At the site of operation the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 07.02.2018.
++49 – (0)6196 – 79 – 2663