Tetra Tech, is seeking expressions of interest from qualified Technical Specialists to provide technical leadership for an anticipated $10-25 million USAID-funded Municipal WASH activity in Benin and Cote D’Ivoire. The purpose of this project is to strengthen the ability of municipal governments and urban water and sanitation service providers to sustain, improve and expand on equitable water and sanitation services. Working with national and regional institutions, this West Africa Municipal WASH activity will support city governments and utilities to professionalize services, fill critical needs and reach unserved populations.
The technical experts will provide technical leadership and activity oversight across several areas of anticipated focus for the project. Tetra Tech seeks candidates with the following expertise:
- Fecal Sludge Management/Sanitation: Proven experience advising or managing activities related to the development of FSM solutions in urban and/or peri-urban settings at both the household and municipal level;
- Water Utility Reform: Demonstrated skills working with public and/or private water utilities to develop strong management systems, tariff setting and collection, operations and maintenance of small- and medium-sized water systems, non-revenue water, etc.
- WASH Governance: Track record of effective engagement supporting national and municipal governments in WASH planning, financing and implementation. Prior experience designing and/or implementing service agreements and PPPs strongly preferred;
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning: Experience leading MEL activities for USAID programs with WASH components, including experience developing MEL plans, tracking indicators, and supporting projects’ learning agenda.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, Master’s Degree highly preferred;
- At least five years of technical experience in related field;
- A demonstrated track record of progressively responsible experience providing leadership to donor projects with similar complexity; USAID project experience preferred;
- Proven leadership, organizational and writing skills;
- Professional Fluency in French and proficiency in English required;
- Qualified applicants from Benin and Côte D’Ivoire highly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s ad posted.