3 Postdoctoral Researchers – at the Faculty of Organic Agricultural Sciences – as soon as possible
At the Faculty of Organic Agricultural Sciences (Prof. Dr. M. Wachendorf), following positions are to be filled as soon as possible pending availability of funding:
3 Postdoctoral Researchers (salary scale EG 13 TV-H)
Full-time fixed term-position, corresponding to §2 Abs. 2 WissZeitVG, for initially 2 years with a possible extension in a collaborative project. The main focus of this initiative are transformation processes of agricultural systems and land use patterns in the Mediterranean region. In this region the project will conduct pilot studies and establish academic networks. The overall goal is the submission of research proposals to inter-disciplinary, third-party funded programs.
The positions cannot be shared. Main place of service is Witzenhausen; regular stays of several months in the target countries will be required.
- Elaboration of site-specific, interdisciplinary research questions in close cooperation with different sections from the University of Kassel
- Establishment of a partner consortium in the target countries
- Literature searches, surveys and small pilot studies on selected agricultural systems and socio-ecological system components
- Leading proposal development for open calls
- Contribution to teaching (4 SWS), mainly through organizing a student excursion to the Mediterranean region, including a preparatory seminar, and further contributions to already established teaching modules.
- Masters (or Diploma) and PhD degree, preferably obtained at a European University, in one of the following areas:
- Position 1: GIS and remote sensing
- Position 2: Agent-based modelling
- Position 3: Water management and governance
- Knowledge of different theoretical and methodological approaches for analyzing complex systems
- Very good English language skills (minimum 80 points internet-based TOEFL or equivalent language certificate) and experience in scientific writing
- Experience with international, collaborative projects, preferably in the Arabic-Islamic region
- Country-specific knowledge of the target countries; depending on the regional focus language skills in Arabic, Turkish, French and/or Spanish would be an advantage
- Excellent communication and coordination skills and the ability to work independently abroad.
The University of Kassel is an equal opportunity employer and aims at a clear increase of the proportion of women in research and teaching. Qualified women are therefore expressly requested to apply. Under the precondition of equal qualification, disabled persons will be preferred. Applications indicating the Position Number 31108, which may be in digital form, should be sent to the President of the University of Kassel, 34109 Kassel, Germany or [email protected], quoting the applicable reference number.