Thanks for your interest in the Chief of Party, Nigeria Effective WASH position. Unfortunately this position has been closed but you can search our 195 open jobs by clicking here.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Advanced degree (Master’s or Ph.D.) in water resources management, environmental sanitation, water supply management, business administration, international development or other relevant field
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible international work experience required with significant management or supervisory roles
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Water/sanitation utility establishment, management, privatization, and/or reform; Water/sanitation service delivery and reform, including both provision and regulation; Water sector financing, including tariff structures and reform, operation and maintenance financing, cost recovery, capital improvements and system expansion, etc.
- Prior Chief of Party or equivalent experience on USAID projects preferred
- Previous experience working in Nigeria strongly preferred
- Firm understanding of the water and sanitation sector, its institutions, and strategies for sector strengthening and improvement
- Verbal and written fluency in the English languages along with strong communications, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills; able to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and lead multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to resolve sensitive and complicated work issues with senior high-level country counterparts, donor representative and senior-level staff.
- Position is contingent upon award and funding.