Join our international non-profit research organization and help create a sustainable future for all. The SEI Stockholm Centre is a dynamic, expanding workplace that employs around 90 people from 25 different nationalities in an activity-based office in central Stockholm (Garnisonen).
Are you interested in working in an international setting with people from different organizational and knowledge backgrounds, working together to tackle major environmental and sustainability challenges? SEI is recruiting a highly motivated early career colleague (Research Associate) with an academic background in environmental science, a genuine interest in stakeholder interactions and a few years of work experience. The successful candidate will contribute to ongoing projects on climate adaptation, climate services and disaster risk reduction, and with time also research projects in other fields.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to research projects in the SEI portfolio, including literature reviews, carrying out interviews and other data collection, note taking, data analysis, reporting and administration;
- Support stakeholder engagement and co-development processes, including organizing workshops and dialogues;
- Contribute to writing new project proposals; and
- Participate in research publications, international workshops and other outreach activities.
- We are looking for a person with an advanced university degree (minimum Master’s degree or equivalent) in environmental science, environmental governance, natural resource management or related field, and a minimum of 2 years work experience. You are interested in contributing to applied sustainability research in an international context.
- As a person, you are driven and possess good communication skills, including the ability to make public presentations and communicate within multi-cultural settings.
- For this position, fluency in both English and Swedish is a must.
- Previous experience in stakeholder interactions such as organizing workshops or dialogues is a merit. You are used to working independently as well as in teams.
We continuously review applications and encourage you to apply as soon as possible. The final application deadline is 4 February 2018. As we only accept applications through our system, please apply online using the button below and include:
- Cover letter highlighting relevant qualifications and experience;
- Curriculum vitae or resume.