SI is pursuing an anticipated ex-post evaluation of MCC’s Water Supply and Sanitation Project, assessing the performance of the activities in urban water supply in Nampula, Nacala, and Mocuba. The evaluation is expected to be conducted over a period of 12 months following award. Award is anticipated in Q1 of 2018.
SI is seeking a Senior Analyst/Water and Sanitation Expert to contribute to the design and implementation of the water and sanitation-based components of the evaluation. This will be a part-time consulting opportunity over the entire 12-month period of performance, with periodic travel to Mozambique (full-time effort during travel).
- Contribute substantially to the design and implementation of evaluation methodology, specifically with regards to evaluating the implementation and effects of: (a) water supply and sanitation interventions, and (b) institutional capacity building for the urban water authority.
- Provide substantive contributions to technical methodology, data collection plans, and lead or participate in relevant data collection activities in-person in Mozambique.
- Review and evaluate existing project documentation, including but not limited to contractor design and completion reports, as well as existing monitoring data from the MCC Compact, and utility-provided data as applicable.
- Under direction from the Program Manager, lead assigned portions of written deliverables, including trip reports, policy brief(s), final evaluation report, and dissemination presentations.
- Participate in DC-based presentations (may be remote).
- Participate in-person in Mozambique for final dissemination presentation.
- Master’s degree or higher in civil engineering, economics, business, finance, public policy, or related field, with at least 10 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated experience working in the water and sanitation sector at a utility or with a regulatory or policymaking institution.
- Demonstrated experience working with or researching the impacts of infrastructure investments.
- Preferred: Experience conducting cost benefit analysis (CBA) in the water sector, including expertise in methodology and estimation of the benefit and cost streams.
- Demonstrated experience working in Mozambique or a similar context.
- English proficiency; Portuguese proficiency a plus.
- Demonstrated experience participating in qualitative and quantitative research projects.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout Mozambique.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.