Our Land and Water (OLW) is one of 11 National Science Challenges established by the Government, and funded by MBIE, to focus research investment on the biggest science-based questions facing the country. The Challenges represent a different way of doing science in New Zealand. OLW is one of the largest challenge and has the objective “to enhance primary sector production while maintaining and improving our land and water quality for future generations”.
Each challenge has a host organisation which provides support. OLW is hosted by AgResearch, and the staff of the Challenge Directorate are employees of AgResearch.
We are seeking an experienced coordinator to provide efficient and effective administration and coordination for the Challenge Directorate. You will be well-known for your ability to multi-task, your fantastic organisation skills together with an impeccable attention to detail. You’ll be working with our small core team and extensive network of stakeholders co-ordinating financial payments, booking travel, setting up meetings, , supporting our contestable funding rounds and the management of research contracts.
This is a fixed term role with flexible part time hours (0.6 FTE, 24 hours)
- Co-ordinate the quarterly payments to research projects ensuring they have complied with their contracted requirements
- Arrange payments and reimbursements through AgResearch finance system
- Organise Directorate meetings and workshops
- Support the Operations Manager in managing research contracts
- Coordinate and book domestic and international travel
- Assist with the planning and co-ordination of the request for proposals (funding allocation) process
- Co-ordinate, compile and distribute documents for meetings
- National Certificate in Business Administration (Level 4) or equivalent experience
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships
- Advanced knowledge Microsoft office including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Be able to demonstrate your ability in supporting multiple team members and responding calmly to changes in priority.
- Efficient time management and organisation skills
- Be able to work effectively and cooperatively with others
- Be a high performing self-starter, solutions focused thinker with impeccable attention to detail.
And last but not least, you will bring a positive, can-do attitude.
- Beautiful campuses & great Learning and Development opportunities.
- Generous leave provisions & access to the group scheme for health insurance.
- Income and life insurance & supportive family friendly working environment.
- Optional 5th week annual leave, multiple retail discounts & All of Government Westpac banking discounts.
How to apply
Closing date for applicaitons 12th February 2018.
For more information or for a confidential discussion please contact Katrina Hall, Operations Manager, Our Land and Water on 03 325 9906