We are seeking a Sustainability and Environmental Policy Specialist to join the Environmental Coordination Division of Environmental Protection Department.
The Environmental Coordination Division is responsible for providing a company focal point for environmental policy development nationally and internationally. Environmental policy involves elements of sustainability and science in order to change or introduce environmental regulations.
The Sustainability and Environmental Policy Specialist primary role is to translate international and national policy into company policy that would protect shareholder value.
As the successful candidate you will hold a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences and/or Sustainability Management from a recognized and approved program. An advanced degree is preferred.
You must have minimum five years’ experience in environmental policy development and sustainability management including at least three years in international negotiations with the United Nations or government-related agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree as a minimum requirement.
- You must be able to demonstrate fluency in environmental policy development process.
- Sustainability related experience is a requirement.
- Evidence in environmental policy development is also necessary.
- Negotiator experience is preferred.
- Experience with both International Oil Companies (IOC’s) and National Oil Companies (NOC’s) is preferred.
- You must have knowledge of UN agencies and industry initiatives that relate to environment and sustainability policy.
- You must have the ability to draft policy and negotiation papers that construct policy position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be required to perform the following:
- Assess regulatory landscape pertaining to Sustainability and Environmental Policy.
- Assist towards development of Sustainability reports of company.
- Monitor development of new technologies that are directly related to environmental policy and sustainability.
- Provide periodic reports on environmental policy and sustainability regulatory development.
- Engage in company initiatives and be able to present constructive contributions towards shaping company environmental policy and sustainability reporting.
- Assist company negotiators with environmental policy and sustainability impact assessment.