WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
Michael Baker is actively seeking a Water Resources Project Manager to join our Dallas, TX office. The Project Manager will direct engineers and designers on transportation and infrastructure design projects and will act as the design task leader for storm-water projects. Will also have responsibility for task scope, budgets, schedules, and deliverable quality.
- Be responsible for Leading a team of engineers and designers performing various tasks from developing hydrologic and hydraulic models to preparing plans, specifications/estimates and performing data collection and field work.
- Attend and actively participate in client marketing and project meetings, lead preliminary drainage design for design-build proposals, assist in identifying new opportunities and assist with development of marketing proposals.
- Oversee the preparation of hydrological and hydraulic calculations, modeling, and preparation of technical reports, technical exhibits and design drawings for design-bid-build and design projects.
- Development of hydrologic and 1-D, unsteady and 2-D hydraulic models.
- Analysis and design of hydraulic structures and subsurface flow systems
- Preparation of maps and technical reports
- Development of drawings and specifications for design projects
- Coordination of changes to drawings and specifications with project team leaders
- Development of cost estimates and quantity takeoffs for design projects.
- Feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping to address some of our nation’s most critical infrastructure challenges while building the future of our organization!
- At least 15 years experience in project management
- A B.S. in Civil or Environmental Engineering. If you have an advanced engineering degree, that’s even better.
- Excellent external and internal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong engineering judgment and solid background in water/wastewater projects
- Relevant TXDOT pre certifications (10.1.1,10.2.1,10.3.1,10.5.1) is required or ability to obtain one within six months.
- Certified floodplain manager (CFM) is encouraged but not required.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and Oracle-based ERP Project Financial Reporting System
- Professional Engineer (PE) licensed in the State of Texas or ability to obtain in six (6) months
- Travel around Texas is required