PURPOSE OF POSITION
This Purpose of Position will be used in the WVI or local Careers site, and if applicable, advertisements. Please describe the role in 2-3 concise sentences. Focus on the core of what this role is supposed to achieve. Describe the purpose of this position and how this position contributes to achieving department objectives and the management and performance of others.
World Vision is seeking a WASH Field Engineer to provide quality water and sanitation infrastructure to support internally displaced people (IDP) access to water and sanitation according to the targets in WASH programs for the Syria/Aleppo and Idleb Governorates covered by the OFDA funded Supporting Affected Communities for Life-saving Action Phase Two (SACLA II) project.
· Manage day to day activities of WASH Engineering Assistants as well as contractors and Skilled laborers
· Directly supervise field assistant (s).
· Prepare daily and weekly objectives for the field assistant in consultation with the line manager and WASH Supervisor.
· Cooperate with local water authority on water quality monitoring in the main water supply system (i.e. free residual chlorine test).
· To develop planning, including design, bill of quantity and project schedules for water sanitation facilities construction/refurbishment that meet humanitarian standards.
· Carry out assessment of existing WASH facilities Conduct participatory monitoring of water quality (i.e. free residual chlorine test) in IDP camps available for host communities and IDPs; in collaboration with the hygiene promotion team.
· Conduct participatory training for community in using, operating and maintain water sanitation facilities.
· Conduct monitoring and technical assistance to community for maintenance and repairs of water and sanitation facilities in coordination with hygiene promoters.
· Evaluate the construction result, community’s responds on its function and maintenance in coordination with hygiene promoters.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- Bachelor degree or certificate in civil and/or architecture engineering
- Experience in water and sanitation infrastructures, operation and maintenance for 2 years is desirable.
- Passport owner is an advantage.
- Ability to travel to project areas.
- Able to use a computer for production of material and reports (word processing, spread sheets, etc.).
- Excellent Arabic communication skills (oral and written
- Team builder and team player with strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills.
- English is an advantage.
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability
- Strong communication skills with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior members of the humanitarian community as well as with field practitioners.
- Excellent networking skills.
- High degree of negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Ability to work with a reasonable level of comfort in high tension and high security risk situations.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments and physical hardships.
- Understands work from a process point of view and uses measurement and accountability systems effectively.
- Demonstrates openness and transparency. Ability and willingness to travel between Syria and Turkey.
If you are interested to apply, please send a cover letter and your detailed CV in English addressing relevant qualifications and experience to [email protected] e-mail. (Please ensure that CV includes names and contact details of at least 3 referees/references).
In the subject line of your e-mail message, please, mention the title of the position you are applying for. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview.
The deadline for submitting the applications is 21 January 2018. Applications submitted before the deadline will be reviewed and considered upon receipt.