The National Farmers’ Federation (NFF) is the peak national body representing the interest of Australian farmers, and agriculture across Australia. It is one of Australia’s foremost and respected advocacy organisations. The NFF is a proactive body dedicated to generating greater understanding and better awareness of farming’s modern role, contribution and value to the entire community and economy.
The NFF is seeking a highly motivated individual for the role of General Manager, Natural Resource Management.
Reporting to the CEO, the General Manager, Natural Resource Management, works closely with the NFF’s executive team, and provides advice to the President, Board, Members, and Committee and Taskforce Chairs.
This senior, full-time role has responsibility for:
- Key stakeholder management at many levels encompassing farmers, parliamentarians, government officials, ministerial staff and other organisations, as well as industry in general including media liaison
- Building and delivering policy and advocacy strategies to President, CEO and Managers by remaining ahead of established and emerging issues
- Identifying and managing strategic policy priorities relating to natural resource management, water, energy, climate and national environmental law
- Managing the research, analysis and development of credible policies to further the interests of Australian farmers
- Representing the NFF at Government, stakeholder and public meetings and forums
- Effectively communicating and advocating NFF policies
This crucial role requires a manager with relevant tertiary qualifications, and is recognised for their strong track record in strategic thinking, communication and advocacy. In addition, their agricultural experience will enable them to identify and appreciate the significance of emerging or current issues, and demonstrated experience in natural resource management, energy and or water policy development will be highly regarded.
The role is highly visible and challenging, providing the successful candidate a busy and exciting position with the opportunity to genuinely represent Australia’s agricultural sector. To express interest in this role either apply via www.rimfireresources.com.au, or call David Jackson or Mick Hay on 1300 380701