The key functions/accountabilities of this position are:
- Conducts market research, provides analyses, background information, recommendations for improving the suitability and range of products within specialized area, resulting in more appropriate equipment, better delivery and lower costs. Investigates world markets and new technologies, maintains resource files on a global basis, recommending new areas of purchase for optimal currency utilization.
- Reviews and develops technical supply specifications and requirements to ensure completeness and appropriateness. Advises requesting offices on technical matters relating to the commodity of specialization. Clarifies inadequate specifications with requesting office, proposing substitute or alternative items as necessary.
- Reviews the technical supply specifications of the offers received from the suppliers and provide technical report to the contracting function of the center. In collaboration with the Quality Assurance Centre review sample and coordinates pre-delivery inspection of the product.
- Supports the supply function in field offices by assisting in preparation of country supply analyses and of supply components of country programmes, or of special projects that may arise.
- Supports the supply function in field offices by assisting in monitoring and evaluation of supply inputs to UNICEF programmes.
- In partnership with the Quality Assurance and Contracting Function of the Center, evaluates supplier performance historical acceptability and delivery record, and general information including financial, historical and managerial. Also with Quality Assurance Center, prescribes inspection criteria for commodities within specialized knowledge and assesses manufacturers’ quality control facility and capacity.
- In conjunction with the Quality Assurance Centre, establishes list of potential pre-qualified suppliers for the requisition, and forwards it to the contracting function of the center for procurement action.
- Researches, evaluates and promotes new products, and promotes development of new technologies when appropriate, to meet programme requirements.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
A completed 1st University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree) in Engineering or other similar and relevant discipline.
A minimum of two (2) years progressively responsible professional work experience relevant to WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene).
Knowledge of worldwide sources, suppliers and markets.
Specialist knowledge of commodity area of WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene), ideally including mechanical & electrical aspects (e.g. pumps, solar power, generators etc.).
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
In addition, the following functional competencies will be required for these positions:
- Applying Technical Expertise, [l]
- Planning and Organizing, [lI]
- Following Instructions and Procedures, [lI]
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
The closing date of this position is 1 February 2018.
Visit us at www.unicef.org/supply/
Closing Date Thu Feb 01 2018 23:55:00 GMT+0100 (CET)