Employment Type: Part-time, 20 hours per week, temporary position for at least 6 months
Position Location: Oakland
The California League of Conservation Voters (CLCV), a 501(c)4 organization, is the political arm of California’s environmental community. Our mission is to protect and enhance the environment and the health of all California communities by electing environmental champions, advancing critical priorities, and holding policymakers accountable to their constituents. In support of our mission we support environmental candidates for state public office, track legislative activity and work across communities to include and amplify the voices of all Californians on behalf of their community and environment. For more information please visit www.ecovote.org.
CLCV Education Fund (CLCVEF), CLCV’s 501(c)3 sister organization, protects California’s natural resources and improves the health of our communities. In support of our mission, we work will allies and stakeholders to educate decision makers, support and amplify and diversify community participation on behalf of environmental and public health priorities, and increase public participation in civic activities. For more information please visit www.clcvedfund.org
As a Program Associate, the ideal candidate will help to organize policy priorities and work of the larger environmental community in California. The ideal candidate will be able to work efficiently and with a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment—one that requires flexibility as we embark on new initiatives and collaborate with allies.
Primarily focusing on the Education Fund’s “Green California” program, the Program Associate will assist in managing a network of more than one hundred organizations with a common environmental, health, and justice agenda, working collaboratively to speak to state decision makers with one voice on issues impacting California’s air, water, and natural resources.
The Program Associate will create and maintain resources and reference tools for Green California participants, and will schedule and facilitate Green California committee calls, meetings, and events such as the annual Green California Summit and Advocacy Day. They will also work with CLCV staff to manage and update our legislative tracking spreadsheet and the legislative priority list.
· Coordinate with CLCV staff to manage and update our legislative tracking spreadsheet and priority legislation list
· Assist with the annual Green California Summit, including outreach, creating and assembling materials, and logistical coordination
· Organize the annual Advocacy Day, including scheduling 100 meetings, outreach, assembling materials, and logistical coordination
· Manage and update the Green California participant listserves, participant roster, legislative roster, and informational documents relating to Green California
· Schedule monthly Green California meetings, six monthly committee calls, and take notes at meetings and on calls
· Assist with Green California fundraising
· Other responsibilities as assigned
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to manage multiple deadline-driven projects
- Exercises sound independent judgment and decision making
- Detail oriented
- Thrives on change, innovation, and teamwork
- Is passionate about protecting California’s environment
- Has experience working in California politics and/or policy and a good understanding of the lay-of-the-land in Sacramento
- Event planning and management experience
- Experience and knowledge of environmental issues
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume, and tell us how you found this posting to [email protected]. Please write “Program Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
The California League of Conservation Voters and CLCV Education Fund are committedto workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.