Head of Programmes
WaterAid Uganda is looking for a Head of Programmes to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Deadline: 30 January 2018
It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Head of programme will:
- take a leading role in the strategic development of the country programme.
- be responsible for organising and conducting regular analysis of developments in national policies that are relevant to WASH.
- play a leadership role in linking national influencing agendas with district and sub-district programming, with a strong focus on cross sector collaboration.
- be accountable for setting, achieving and maintaining quality standards for the delivery of all WaterAid Uganda programmes that reflect adherence to WaterAid standards.
To be successful, you’ll need to:
- have an extensive experience in senior programme management, including experience in planning, developing and evaluating programmes.
- have experience and knowledge on WASH sector.
- excellent interpersonal, communication and team building skills.
- have competence in networking and effective relationship building with peers, donors and government. High level of diplomacy and tact.
- be fully committed to WaterAid’s vision, mission and values and a way of working that demonstrates this, with the ability to communicate this enthusiasm to others.
Please read the full job description >
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, please send your application, consisting of a letter of interest and a CV, via email to using ‘Head of Programmes’ as the subject of the email.
Please note: to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Uganda.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.