Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
In Liberia, SI implements the Liberia Strategic Analysis (LSA) activity which provides USAID/Liberia with analytical and advisory services in support of strategic planning, project and activity design, performance monitoring and evaluation, and learning and adapting. LSA’s services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health, education, the environment, and economic growth.
USAID/Liberia has engaged LSA to conduct an external Midterm Performance Evaluation of a natural resource management activity. This activity develops key rural forest-based enterprises that provide inclusive, sustainable economic opportunities for rural farmers and forest-dependent communities in a way that combats deforestation, forest degradation, biodiversity loss, and reduces the threats to biodiversity.
The purpose of this evaluation is to measure progress of the first two years of implementation and investigate the effectiveness of technical assistance and capacity building approaches to achieve the objectives of the activity. USAID/Liberia will use findings from this evaluation to inform future investment in the forest sector and help inform its continued support of biodiversity directives.
The estimated start date will be February 26, 2018 through May 2018. The estimated LOE will be 39 days.
Deadline for applications: January 19th, 2018
SI is seeking an Evaluation Specialist who will provide methodological support related to the evaluation team. The Evaluation Specialist will be working alongside three team members: Team Leader, Agro-Forestry Enterprise Specialist, and Natural Resource Management Specialist.
· Perform desk review and identify additional information required for analysis.
· Support the Team Leader’s efforts in evaluation design, methodology, and data collection instruments.
· Schedule and interview key stakeholders and beneficiaries.
· Provide ongoing analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
· Support the preparation and presentation of the key findings and recommendations to USAID/Liberia.
· Write assigned sections of the draft evaluation report in coordination with team members, taking into consideration feedback from the preliminary findings presentation.
· Work collaboratively with team members throughout design, implementation, analysis, and report writing to complement each other’s areas of expertise.
· Must have at least five years of experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection methods.
· Experience evaluating community forestry and natural resource management programs.
· Demonstrated logistics and planning skills.
· Broad knowledge of Liberian forestry issues.
· Ability to assist with qualitative instrument preparation, key informant interviews, focus group discussions and other data collection, and analysis of collected data.
· A university degree in a discipline related to research, social sciences, or similar field.
· Strong English speaking and writing skills are essential.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.