Program Assistant (Political Affairs)
Program Assistant, Political Affairs
With world attention focused on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. This leading green group, with programs from Boston to Beijing, has tripled in size over the past decade by focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches. You can be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life.
Environmental Defense Fund is seeking a Program Assistant who will provide administrative and program support for the Vice President, Political Affairs and Senior Director, Campaigns. The ProgramAssistant will be an experienced administrative professional who canprovide complex administrative support for the team by performingdifficult and specialized administrative and technical responsibilities.
Contacts and Communication:
- Prepare written materials, respond to information requests, and help coordinate and track activities.
- Attend internal meetings and be able to document, identify and trackkey takeaways, next steps, including resources or research needs.
- Collaborate on preparation and distribution of reports and other written materials
- Communicate effectively with internal and external contacts.
- Actively promote and ensure clear communications with internal staff at all levels.
Responsibility and Accountability:
- Manage schedules, organize meetings, conference calls and video conferences for the Vice President, Political Affairs and Senior Director, Campaigns.
- Make decisions on routine tasks and assignments.
- Solve moderately complicated problems using independent thinking and knowledge in both routine and specialized projects.
- Process expense and American Express reports and submit program-related invoices.
- Administer contracts for consultants and work with Finance to ensure timely payments of contracts.
- Maintain well-organized and accessible electronic and paper files.
- Coordinate projects to ensure deliverables are given withinspecificied timeframe.
- At least 1 years of work experience in fast-paced, detail-oriented environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communications ability.
- Strong research skills.
- Ability to work independently, and successfully handle and prioritize diverse tasks simultaneously.
- Interest in environmental advocacy is preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of IBM PCs and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc).
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, EDF is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.