Internship (Policy and Public Affairs)
CDP is recruiting for an intern for a minimum of 2.5 months to support the Policy and Public Affairs team in their London headquarters. This post will provide valuable experience for anyone seeking a career in the policy world, government, climate change, environment or business sectors. Enthusiasm, self-motivation and the ability to hit the ground running will be key to your success.
The Policy and Public Affairs team works to support CDP’s mission and activities, both through independent activities and by providing support to other CDP teams. The team has two key work streams:
- Policy Engagement: Relationship building, providing evidence and briefing policymakers.
- Public Affairs: External communications about government engagement and policy, including high-profile events.
The internship programme:
To apply for the programme you must live in London or a reasonable commuting distance
from our London office, which is located centrally.
All our volunteer interns will be assigned to a volunteer intern supervisor and will receive an induction, on-the-job training, coaching and one-to-one support. On successful completion of their placement, volunteer interns can request a reference.
Interns will get an insight into how an international environmental NGO operates with the opportunity to attend meetings and ask questions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support policy engagement: Cooperating with and supporting key policy contacts internally and globally, collecting case studies and evidence of CDP impact of our work with governments.
- Assisting with administrative activities: Supporting the policy team with preparing for events and activities in 2018.
- Communications and public affairs: Drafting internal updates on the latest policy developments, writing newsletters and material for the policy and public affairs section of CDP website and twitter account.
- Research: This includes working with CDP’s database and analysing data to contribute to policy briefings and reports.
Required skills and experience:
- Interest in policy and influencing governments on climate change, forests and water;
- Strong research and data analysis skills;
- Good MS Office software skills and database fluency;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Able to act on initiative within a team setting;
- Good attention to detail.
This is not a salaried position. We will cover your day-to-day travel and lunch expenses in line with our expenses policy.
We are looking for someone to be present at our London office for five days a week. We can be flexible in our approach and will discuss your volunteering hours with you.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages, to " target="_blank"> with ‘Policy and Public Affairs Intern’ in the subject. The deadline is January 15, 9am GMT.