Resources Legacy Fund (RLF) seeks a Program Coordinator. The chosen candidate will join an 18-year-old nonprofit with an extraordinary record of success. RLF is a 501(c)(3) public charity that helps philanthropic institutions and individual donors transform their vision into durable results. No other Western entity succeeds on such a large scale at protecting natural resources, generating public funding and smart policies, and building diverse constituents for the environment. RLF is not a traditional environmental organization. RLF is an expert intermediary organization that works strategically to deliver results for donors that improve our world. Grounded in performance metrics, we design outcomes tailored to donors’ goals. We use our wealth of experience to leverage assets, forge divergent interests, make connections, and stay the course until donors’ objectives are more than fulfilled. Our work has literally changed the western landscape. A few accomplishments include enabling protection of millions of acres of land and nearly 17 percent of California’s offshore waters; catalyzing the creation of soccer fields, greenspace, and parks in densely populated neighborhoods along the Los Angeles River; and driving renewable energy, groundwater management, land use planning, and climate change adaptation policies toward sustainability. RLF also works with donors on other issues that further societal wellbeing.
We seek to build a staff that brings a variety of perspectives and backgrounds to our philanthropic work. We are committed to diversity in all aspects of our hiring practices. RLF is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, or sexual orientation.
The Program Coordinator provides day-to-day grantmaking and administrative support for RLF’s philanthropic programs. The Program Coordinator, at the direction of the program lead, is responsible for:
- The creation of quarterly docket materials, preparing and tracking grant and contract agreements.
- Serving as RLF’s administrative point of contact with grantees, contractors, and the public.
- Accurately entering grant and contract information in a database, drafting, processing, and tracking documents such as proposals, reports, contractual agreements, and invoices, and maintaining back-up information in Excel as needed.
- Maintaining financial tracking information for assigned programs. Providing administrative and financial oversight by ensuring invoices conform to grant or contract terms, and are reviewed, processed, and paid in a timely manner.
- Tracking and managing program and donor reporting deadlines and guidelines in coordination with program staff to ensure timely products and analyses.
- Organizing and scheduling meetings, providing general office support, providing technology assistance for on-site meetings, and working with other staff to prepare and assemble relevant correspondence, reports, and materials.
The Program Coordinator is a full-time, nonexempt position.
Minimum of two years professional administrative support experience. Bachelor’s Degree required. Candidates must possess exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills, as well as the ability to perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. This position requires excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills; superb judgment; and the ability to adhere to numerous deadlines, manage conflicting priorities, and handle multiple tasks efficiently. Excellent word processing, Excel and office software skills required.
Please provide a cover letter and resume.