International Navigation Consultant (Re-post)
- To effectively start the standardization of a vessel and waterway classification for the Mekong River basin;
- To effectively start the implementation of the Viet Nam-Cambodia Agreement on Waterway Transportation;
- To effectively start the harmonization of rules and regulations on safety of vessels including on inspection of vessels between Thailand and the Lao PDR.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master degree in waterborne transport management;
- High level knowledge and experience in transport planning and operating;
- Good knowledge of Inland waterway transport on the Mekong River;
- Demonstrated ability to write technical reports which can be readily understood by decision makers and the general public;
- Experience with MRC and Mekong work and networks in the region is a very important advantage;
- Fluency in spoken and written English; TOEIC requirement for consultants from countries where English is spoken as foreign language
- Excellent writing, presentation, and reporting skills.
The Terms of Reference and other information can be obtained from the MRC website http://www.mrcmekong.org/working-with-mrc/employment/ and https://www.facebook.com/Mekong-River-Commission-165798426775632/timeline/. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application should include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV, (iii) MRC Personal History Form and (IV) financial proposal. The position title/Division must be indicated in the cover letter.
The application should be sent to:
Mekong River Commission
Office of the Secretariat in Vientiane
P.O. Box 6101, 184 Fa Ngoum Road
Vientiane 01000, Lao PDR
Closing date for applications: 16 January 2018