Sustainability Data Analyst
Ocean Spray believes that our employees are our best assets and we offer an environment where you can work with exceptionally smart, innovative, passionate teams that are motivated to deliver Ocean Spray products around the world. We offer an onsite gym with weekly fitness classes, a cafeteria committed to delivering healthy meals to our employees and half day Fridays in the summer. If you are looking for a rewarding career where you can add value every day, Ocean Spray is for you!
The Cooperative Development department at Ocean Spray is looking to add a Sustainability Data Analyst on a temporary basis. The Sustainability team collaborates with Agriculture Sciences, Marketing, Engineering, Quality, Procurement, Operations, Legal, Sales, and Ocean Spray Cranberry Farmer-Owners to execute initiatives throughout the Cooperative.
The Analyst will support a biennial Farm Sustainability Assessment, coordinating with a 3rd party vendor and Ocean Spray farmers to complete and analyze a large data set to identify performance trends.
The Analyst will also provide support to Operations Manufacturing energy, waste, and water data collection, review, and analysis including opportunities to improve or create a new database model, perform forecasting, and building a business case for a new approach to data management.
You may have the opportunity to support other areas of the sustainability department including field visits and on the job training in:
- Sustainable Agriculture - Recycling/Composting and Waste Reduction
- Water Stewardship - Traceability, Supply Chain, and Procurement
- Energy Efficiency /Renewables - Greenhouse Gas/Carbon Management
- Environmental Health & Safety - Social Compliance
- Packaging Design - Employee Engagement
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Ability requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Graduate Degree Program related to Sustainability, Environmental Science, or Environmental Engineering
- Must be able perform data set analysis with advanced data management skills preferred
- Creative thinking and a passion for innovation
- Broad understanding of the fundamentals of key environmental and social issues with the ability to remain up-to-date on new and emerging technologies
- Strong communication, research, and data skills
- Highly organized, self-starter and ability to work with various levels within an organization
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, must adapt well to change and be able to prioritize multiple aspects of his or her project(s)
- Advanced PC skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience with Scope 5, SoFi, Accuvio or other environmental database /management tool base is desired.