Department of Sustainable Development
If you are looking for a rewarding and exciting career, this is a great opportunity to join our team. The Manitoba government has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental and vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, parental leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers). Training and career development opportunities are also available for employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 driver’s licence.
- Must be registered as a Professional Geoscientist with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba. Professional Geoscientists licensed to practice in other Canadian jurisdictions must be eligible for registration as a Professional Geoscientist with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position, including lifting up to 50 lbs, and conducting field work under various weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- Must be willing and able to travel with occasional overnight stays.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as required.
- B.Sc. in Geology or Geological Engineering with a graduate degree specializing in Hydrogeology and extensive experience in a Hydrogeologist role.
- Experience using methods to determine aquifer properties/extents and mapping groundwater.
- Experience in the development and use of industry standard mathematical groundwater models such as: modflow, feflow.
- Project management experience including planning and conducting projects to completion, supervising staff and contractors; managing budgets and allocating fiscal resources.
- Excellent written communication skills with experience writing, editing and reviewing technical and scientific reports.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with experience presenting information formally and informally to technical and non-technical audiences at different levels.
- Experience performing pump tests and evaluating pump test results.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access or other specialized databases with experience collecting, storing, retrieving, analysing, and manipulating large amounts of data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word and Excel or an equivalent software application.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage competing priorities with fluctuating deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with diverse clients and stakeholders.
- Experience using geospatial computer programs such as ESRI ArcView, ArcGIS or an equivalent application.
- Experience in geophysical logging and interpretation.
- Experience in the design and evaluation of groundwater monitoring; data collection methods and creation of data protocols.