Junior Environmental Policy Specialist/Researcher
Are you a policy wonk who seeks to work on current and emerging policy issues? Do you want to apply your education and experience to help government agencies improve the way they develop and implement regulations, policies and programs? Our Regulatory, Economics, Environmental & Energy Services (R3E) line of business has over 30 years of experience supporting the design, implementation, and improvement of federal and private sector programs and is seeking recent college graduates to join them.
Join our multidisciplinary team of policy analysts, scientists, engineers, economists, attorneys, and business analysts. We combine economic, scientific, and engineering research and analysis to solve unique public policy challenges through innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services. Our dynamic work environment involves working on multiple projects simultaneously, supporting a wide range of clients at all levels of government and industries, and providing a wide range of support services. Ideal candidates will combine strong quantitative analysis skills necessary for supporting business and regulatory analysis and program evaluation, with equally strong research, policy analysis, and writing skills to contribute to policy papers and technical documents, stakeholder and public comment reports, and regulatory language. The majority of this position will be on environmental and energy focused projects; however, the position may entail ~25% or more work on other policy matters.
This position will be located in Cambridge, MA.
What you’ll do…
- Collecting and analyzing data
- Reviewing literature and other technical reports
- Solving quantitative and qualitative problems
- Developing recommendations
- Drafting reports and presentations
- Operating economic models
- Interacting with clients
What you’ll need…
- Bachelor's degree in natural or physical science, environmental management, economics, engineering, government, political science, public policy, urban planning, or related subjects
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
Professional Skills we’re looking for…
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong quantitative and/or modeling skills, including MS Excel capabilities
To apply, please submit your resume, transcript, & writing sample.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award-winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity)